• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and shareย all things R/C!

Old savage basher returning to the hobby

Pistols

Hey all,

ย 

I've been out of the hobby for a good few years now (probably about 8 ๐Ÿ˜ต ).

I owned a Savage and a Hyper 7 after getting into nitro in around 2006. Ish.

I ended up flogging the Hyper 7 as I wasn't using it much and prefer flinging the savage around.

The Savage 25 has a K4.6 in it, a few aluminium upgrades, exhaust, towers etc. and a three speed transmission, but has been sat in storage in an attic. I'm going to dig it out soon and have a look over it and see what needs doing.

I joined here because I know I need a new transmitter and haven't been in the loop for a long time.

- I foolishly left the last one on a curb while packing away into the car and drove off. Went back to the spot 20mins later and it was nowhere to be seen.

The front diff was also completely stripped, but I have a replacement ready (in a toolbox somewhere)

Looking forward to mesing around with the truck again soon and seeing what's going on these days.

๐Ÿ‘

• Like 1

Welcome to MSUK!

ย 

you should try electric. You wouldnโ€™t believe how much itโ€™s improved over the old Ni-MH ๐Ÿš€ย 

21 hours ago, Bajadre said:

welcome to Msuk brother !!

you can get a tx rx 2.4ghz combo cheap these days mateย ย ๐Ÿ‘

Fantastic, just what I needed to hear. Not looking for a top of the the range Futaba or anything. A nice basic set is fine as long as it's reliable. ๐Ÿ‘