• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Join me as I take this seriously overpowered Tamiya Volkswagen Beetle on the M-06 chassis for its First Run. Running Max10 ESC, 4000kv motor running 2s lipo. Will it survive. Tune it to find out.

Paul_Fulton_RC

Hey Paul, I've watched some of your  vids today and I am mighty impressed with your car collection.

A quick question if I may please:  I like the look of the Tamiya Neo Scorcher but in your opinion how would it hold up to a high Kv Motor on 2S.

Keep the videos coming.

All the best,

Andrew 

I think the diffs maybe OK. But I'd think you may have to upgrade the driveshafts and cups as they are plastic. It ain't cheap to upgrade . If you want a high powered buggy a better alternative maybe the Dark impact as it has steel drive cups and dig bones already. Just needs offloads tyres on it. I took the dark impact out recently and made a video about it.   

https://youtu.be/qFfYkF5xuqo
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Paul_Fulton_RC said:

I think the diffs maybe OK. But I'd think you may have to upgrade the driveshafts and cups as they are plastic. It ain't cheap to upgrade . If you want a high powered buggy a better alternative maybe the Dark impact as it has steel drive cups and dig bones already. Just needs offloads tyres on it. I took the dark impact out recently and made a video about it.   

https://youtu.be/qFfYkF5xuqo

Cheers Paul, thanks for the advice - that is very useful.  I'll have a think about what next to buy.

Thanks again,

Andrew