• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

WLtoys 12428

Lone-wolf

Is this worth getting........let me explain.

I have crawlers, its what i like, but my wife has a nice brushless custom Outlaw rig, we should go for trips out together but my crawlers wont keep pace with the Outlaw, so we run our cars together less and less, so here is the plot, i am thinking of getting the wltoys 10428 to run with wifes outlaw, , it seems the car is pretty solid but has err questionable electrics from stock, if i got one i think i would keep brushed motor but upgrade esc and servo and radio, i pretty much have the parts in my spares, i am slightly concerned about the small battery size, might be able to use say 1800 2s lipo as i have a few of them, guys what are your thoughts on this plan? 

Edited by Jack Reacher

• Lone-wolf changed the title to WLtoys 12428

I had the 10428 (Ripmax version) some time ago....in fact still do (in bits) ! Yeah, it was OK....swapped the electrics out, as you say...bit naff. Was a bit top heavy so l moved the battery down low & as I could only get a 2200 in there, I stacked another one on top so I could just unplug one for the other when one ran out. Lots of articulation with them so they cope quite well with most terain. For the money, I think that they are quite good for a bit of fun 😉 

• Like 1

I almost bought a couple…they can run massive batteries without much effort. Best bet would be to not get the wltoys though but go for the feiyue fh03 I think. Iirc they have better electrics/drivetrain out of the box 👍🏻

Tomley has had them all and done vids on them I believe.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ross9999992 said:

I almost bought a couple…they can run massive batteries without much effort. Best bet would be to not get the wltoys though but go for the feiyue fh03 I think. Iirc they have better electrics/drivetrain out of the box 👍🏻

Tomley has had them all and done vids on them I believe.

I kinda agree about the Feiyue but it works out to expensive for a rig that wont get a lot of use

Yeah as you already have suitable electrics to swap out you might have a point. You can occasionally get used outlaws for similar money though, maybe that’s a more “share spares with the wife” option? They look the same after all 🙂 

• Like 1