• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Old, but new, but old.

mrhavana

13 hours ago, mrhavana said:

So I was a member 10 years ago and used to bash and race 1/8th scale nitro rallycross. Got to say if feels weird getting an apprentice rank and 1st post badge lol

Anyway, life got busy and I sold off my race cars in 2013 (Losi 8ight EU's), but kept my first hobby grade RC car, an HPI Firestorm, and an old Losi 8ight 1.0 converted to electric, which my son has enjoyed over the years. 

My son is 11 now and I've just bought him an Arrma Kraton 6S EXB for Christmas. So I'm an RC dad now and though I know my way around a Losi blindfolded, I'm back on the forums looking at what people are doing with the Kraton.

I've also posted in the wanted section if anyone can help with a part I need for the Losi.

welcome back mate 🙂 

your name sounded familiar so i had a quick look on my feedback and i bought some stuff from you on 2012, can you remember what they were? 😄 

36 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

welcome back mate 🙂 

your name sounded familiar so i had a quick look on my feedback and i bought some stuff from you on 2012, can you remember what they were? 😄 

Thanks. 

Your name sounds familiar too, but I can't remember what you bought. Was a long time ago and I was selling loads of gear.

My inbox only goes back so far, but I will have a browse of some of the sale threads and see if you responded. Would be interesting to see if you're still using whatever you bought from from me 9 years ago! 

2 hours ago, froggy8 said:

welcome back mate 🙂 

So  I couldn't find you in my MSUK inbox, but a quick search of my email inbox turned up an email saying "froggy8 has replied to a personal conversation entitled hyper arms" 

With that info I could narrow the search down and I found the thread. 

Everyone can sleep easy now. The big question everyone is dying to know is whether you still have the Hyper and are my arms still on it? Lol

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, mrhavana said:

So  I couldn't find you in my MSUK inbox, but a quick search of my email inbox turned up an email saying "froggy8 has replied to a personal conversation entitled hyper arms" 

With that info I could narrow the search down and I found the thread. 

Everyone can sleep easy now. The big question everyone is dying to know is whether you still have the Hyper and are my arms still on it? Lol

unfortunately i dont have the hyper anymore, its the hyper in my avatar, that is the one with your arms in it 😄 

17 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

unfortunately i dont have the hyper anymore, its the hyper in my avatar, that is the one with your arms in it 😄 

Well I guess it lives on in digital form at least. 

What are you driving these days? Is the list in your profile up to date? 

1 minute ago, mrhavana said:

Well I guess it lives on in digital form at least. 

What are you driving these days? Is the list in your profile up to date? 

i have just read what i commented in your for sale items, i asked for some arms for hyper 8, the one in my avatar is a hyper 7 so unfortunately i dont have the hyper 8 unless i have took pictures of it somewhere so will need to have a look.

i sold up couple of years ago but i did buy a lipo charger last week to start the hobby back up.

4 hours ago, froggy8 said:

i sold up couple of years ago but i did buy a lipo charger last week to start the hobby back up.

You know it's a slippery slope, don't you? Lol

I'm just praying my son doesn't want to get into racing. The racing is great fun, but the wrenching and rebuilding after each race is a PITA 😄

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mrhavana said:

You know it's a slippery slope, don't you? Lol

I'm just praying my son doesn't want to get into racing. The racing is great fun, but the wrenching and rebuilding after each race is a PITA 😄

yeah it sure is 😄 

i can imagine how work goes into racing, luckily i only bash. with racing, you have to keep changing shock and diff oils. adjusting toe camber and whatnot.

8 minutes ago, GMballistic said:

Welcome back. :good:

Thanks bud.

7 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

yeah it sure is 😄 

I just had a look at your feedback thread and I was your 5th feedback, but certainly looks like you've been no stranger to sales area since then! 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, mrhavana said:

Thanks bud.

I just had a look at your feedback thread and I was your 5th feedback, but certainly looks like you've been no stranger to sales area since then! 😉

thing is, everyone here likes to spend other peoples money 😄 

• Haha 2