• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Drone law gone to mad

dazzzer

well a used item that fly's and has a built in computer  is a bit risky   all ways make sure it is near mint condition.  im going to search the forums to see if certain models have or had issues  don't want to buy a dud

• Like 1

Just now, turok007 said:

well a used item that fly's and has a built in computer  is a bit risky   all ways make sure it is near mint condition.  im going to search the forums to see if certain models have or had issues  don't want to buy a dud

ok meet you back in here once i find anything.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, turok007 said:

ok, found one so far and not too expensive:

https://www.ryzerobotics.com/tello

its made by raze but the electronics seemed to be made by dji?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, froggy8 said:

ok, found one so far and not too expensive:

https://www.ryzerobotics.com/tello

its made by raze but the electronics seemed to be made by dji?

yup it is a dji really  i remember when i was looking at getting one

1 minute ago, turok007 said:

would have to check the forums to see if it is any good.

yeah just noticed how small the 2 drone that i posted are.

this is the one that i liked the most so far:

https://www.holystone.com/en/Drones/Advanced/HS120DFPVDronewithGPS.html

it looks bit like my syma x5c, not too small and not too big. it also has the Follow Me mode; Custom Path; GPS Auto Return. plus the price is very good too.

1 minute ago, froggy8 said:

yeah just noticed how small the 2 drone that i posted are.

this is the one that i liked the most so far:

it looks bit like my syma x5c, not too small and not too big. it also has the Follow Me mode; Custom Path; GPS Auto Return. plus the price is very good too.

I  dji mini doesn't have  follow mode.  so if that is want you want then you can take that off the list

Just now, turok007 said:

I  dji mini doesn't have  follow mode.  so if that is want you want then you can take that off the list

yeah i am trying to find one with all the functions i like, rth, hover ( think that is called alt mode) follw me. if  a quad has all that and under 250g then il buy that one.

so far the link above has them all, weights 250g and cheap too.

• Like 1

Has anyone considered doing the A2 CofC?

Seems to make it a lot less restrictive in terms of where/how you can fly.

i think you can fly anything up to 750g near uninvolved people, but not directly above them.

Courses seem to be getting cheaper over time too, but the certificate lasts five years which isn’t bad at all. 

14 hours ago, H1q said:

Has anyone considered doing the A2 CofC?

Seems to make it a lot less restrictive in terms of where/how you can fly.

i think you can fly anything up to 750g near uninvolved people, but not directly above them.

Courses seem to be getting cheaper over time too, but the certificate lasts five years which isn’t bad at all. 

If you really need to have one over 250g then that would help.  But not flying over people is a big issue unless you are  really going to be well away from anyone.

• Like 2

i gave up on the bigger drones once the rules dropped and tbh never really trusted the gps crafts after a few problems  years back lost my confidence in them 😞 we all fly under 250gs now the mini and micro drones are so much fun and you dont have to wander out to far now 🙂 i love this turtle mode too where if you drop you dont have to do the walk of shame its like that thing on the xmax for flipping over haha 🙂 

as for rules just keep it simple stay away from people and dont fly above people use a spotter if fpv and learn the basic controls if flying fpv so if you lose radio link you can still get back safe 🙂 some of the new stuff in drones like the dji digital systems is insane nowadays like watching 4k haha 

• Like 2

On 06/11/2021 at 18:32, Bajadre said:

i gave up on the bigger drones once the rules dropped and tbh never really trusted the gps crafts after a few problems  years back lost my confidence in them 😞 we all fly under 250gs now the mini and micro drones are so much fun and you dont have to wander out to far now 🙂 i love this turtle mode too where if you drop you dont have to do the walk of shame its like that thing on the xmax for flipping over haha 🙂 

as for rules just keep it simple stay away from people and dont fly above people use a spotter if fpv and learn the basic controls if flying fpv so if you lose radio link you can still get back safe 🙂 some of the new stuff in drones like the dji digital systems is insane nowadays like watching 4k haha 

cant wait till i get my quadcopter, its got follow me mode so i will use that inside the house and do a blog on what i do everyday 😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

haha froggy gonna need amazing sats for that gps then LMAO 🤣 👍

I got back into it with this one brother

https://www.hobbyrc.co.uk/emax-tinyhawk-ii-rtf-kit

i found a used one on facebook group for £110 with a extra couple of 1s lipos  great for the house and does well as long as its not blowing a gale outside too 👍 can change the plug to xt30 and go 2s which feels super fast on these and u get to enjoy FPV too bro 😀

the controllers feels nice the googles are pretty great for the price i only upgraded as i changed the flight board to TBS and went with the frysky xlite pro with tbs module and went back to fatsharks as my eyes prefer fpv googles instead of a screen etc still have the spare googles and tx for back up 

if you find a tinyhawk 2 drone on its own ill sell you the googles, tx and 4 x1s emax lipos cheap get you going man 🤘

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bajadre said:

haha froggy gonna need amazing sats for that gps then LMAO 🤣 👍

I got back into it with this one brother

https://www.hobbyrc.co.uk/emax-tinyhawk-ii-rtf-kit

i found a used one on facebook group for £110 with a extra couple of 1s lipos  great for the house and does well as long as its not blowing a gale outside too 👍 can change the plug to xt30 and go 2s which feels super fast on these and u get to enjoy FPV too bro 😀

the controllers feels nice the googles are pretty great for the price i only upgraded as i changed the flight board to TBS and went with the frysky xlite pro with tbs module and went back to fatsharks as my eyes prefer fpv googles instead of a screen etc still have the spare googles and tx for back up 

if you find a tinyhawk 2 drone on its own ill sell you the googles, tx and 4 x1s emax lipos cheap get you going man 🤘

imagine if i got the follow me to work indoor, all you see me  doing is go on MSUK all day 😄 

wow....i do like that @Bajadre i will have a look at prices, if i do get one then i might take you up on that offer.

i was set on getting this one:

it weighs less than 250g and got a few decent functions too.

• Haha 2

got some great specs on that drone  froggy bro 👍

yeah i aint mastered indoor flying yet haha more like wall banging 🤣 my bro getting good at it though 😃 his dogs hates the noise tho lmao 😄

and had this one on my sub list today so cool !!

Edited by Bajadre
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Nick said:

So are R/C planes not under these laws then? 

Thing is with planes  you need a runway of some sort  so take off and landings  are nothing like a drone.    So they have laws but nothing as bad as the drone ones

Edited by turok007

1 hour ago, H1q said:

@Nick Yep. Weight restrictions and other conditions also apply to planes (and helis too). 

Have they gone strict with the weight  or is it still huge planes that only need a special license/rules

Well heard on radio that some clown flew a drone over the Queensferry crossing and hit a van that was doing 60 mph 

Seemingly it ws flying up the centre of the carriageway at about 3 feet high and the van hit it and the police are investigating it 

What chance have sensible poeple have with idiots like that doing stupid things with drones so i am expecting things to get tougher for the flying fraternity after this 😞

Edited by Stormbringer

18 minutes ago, turok007 said:

Have they gone strict with the weight  or is it still huge planes that only need a special license/rules

In short yes, anything above 250g requires  an operator ID and flyer ID now. 
With a quick CAA test (20 odd questions) you can get a flyer ID and operator ID to fly for anything above 250g. Both the ‘where’ and ‘how’ still come into consideration. 

They classify pretty much anything that flies under the ‘unmanned drone and model aircraft’ code. There are additional restrictions for anything with a camera, namely drones.

With a A2 certificate (£50 or so) and a more detailed theory-based test, certain restrictions are lifted (like flying near people that are ‘involved’). I think you can go up to 25KG (take-off weight) with this certification. 

Personally, I think the new rules and testing regulations have stopped a lot of silly people getting into the air, so simply on that basis it’s a relatively good thing. Although for most of us that were sensible before, it’s added additional costs and ‘exams’ headache!

7 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Well heard on radio that some clown flew a drone over the Queensferry crossing and hit a van that was doing 60 mph 

Seemingly it ws flying up the centre of the carriageway at about 3 feet high and the van hit it and the police are investigating it 

What chance have sensible poeple have with idiots like that doing stupid things with drones so i am expecting things to get tougher for the flying fraternity after this 😞

Woah. Totally agree with you @StormbringerCan’t understand the way some people think sometimes!