• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Carisma Scale Adventure SCA-1E Owners Thread

stretch

On 18/03/2023 at 20:28, Lone-wolf said:

more paint progress its coming together now so it was grey on inside, then some silver in patches on outside followed by black, then finished of with Metallic red, still got grime wash to do then flat clear coat

grey silver.JPG

red.JPG

I know this is going to sound really stupid but does the paint stick well on the outside? I wash the inside with warm soapy water with a new washing up sponge I take it it’s the same on the outside ?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RC4WD fan said:

I know this is going to sound really stupid but does the paint stick well on the outside? I wash the inside with warm soapy water with a new washing up sponge I take it it’s the same on the outside ?

same for outside but key the surface with "Green scotch brite " pan scourer then wash with soapy water, seems pretty tough finish but i want it to "weather" and allow undercoats to peek out

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lone-wolf said:

same for outside but key the surface with "Green scotch brite " pan scourer then wash with soapy water, seems pretty tough finish but i want it to "weather" and allow undercoats to peek out

Cheers I’m planning on doing a beating run down look on the sca-1e Range Rover kit I’m planning on getting silver on the inside and a flat green on the outside so when it gets scratched it shows the silver and also putting dents on it by very carefully heating it and using a small stone from the garden to make said dent that’s the plan anyway all good well 🤣

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Looking good and doesnt really look bodged :good:

Thanks Stormsy mate it is bodged as its the MN front bumper, but its high up and should not get ripped of, last job to do is solder a JST to rear lights and plug into wiring loom, this truck may well mark a change to my fleet as it should become most used rig, i am considering letting a few models go to new homes and also thinking about building a cross rc PG4, maybe the Dually version

• Like 2

Almost finished building the chassis on my Range Rover kit only rounded one screw on one diff thankfully it happened be it was all the way in so was able to use pliers to remove it 👍

for some reason I’m not feeling it so don’t know if I’ll keep it after building it 🤔

• Confused 1

Quick question to the people that have the Range Rover kit does the holes in the back for the body posts line up probably for you mine don’t I used the dimples in the shell the 2 front and 1 of the back line up perfectly but the other back post is off it does fit but you have to reach inside to pinch the posts together going to be a challenge when I fit the inner fenders 🤔

1 minute ago, Stormbringer said:

try using a hairdryer to warm post up and move it so body fits , when it  cools it should stay in new position 

I did think of that will give that ago 👍

I was going to mess with it today but got sidetracked with my nephew 

• Haha 1

I ran the sca-13 coyote ford van today sadly rear drive shaft failed 5 mins into run, i guess i missed the threadlock on the little grub screw, should be an easy fix, have to say i dont think it will be a good crawler, but will be a great trail rig

• Like 1

How come you don't think it will be a good crawler, mine is a slightly modified sca1e V2 coyote, and regularly outperforms rigs worth much more 🤔

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wombat said:

How come you don't think it will be a good crawler, mine is a slightly modified sca1e V2 coyote, and regularly outperforms rigs worth much more 🤔

front approach angle not good enough, it hangs up on front bumper and its top heavy, it will be okay and a lovely truck to run on basic stuff but it aint no comp class crawler. 

Fixed the drive shaft but i will end up replacing them

Edited by Lone-wolf
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hey,

I wondered if anyone had converted the coyote kit to 313mm wheelbase and if so if what parts they used. Like the body options available at 313mm and prefer the proportions.

Wonder if there is much of a performance gain too. 

2 hours ago, Tommyj said:

Hey,

I wondered if anyone had converted the coyote kit to 313mm wheelbase and if so if what parts they used. Like the body options available at 313mm and prefer the proportions.

Wonder if there is much of a performance gain too. 

It can be done, longer links, maybe longer driveshaft