• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Recommend me some decent but sensibly priced 55mm or 60mm 10th scale shocks please

Darren Frosty

My mates got a HSP drift car and the shocks are just awful so he bought some Fastrax ones (FAST155) but they have the worst seal retaining idea ever thought of and it just falls out.

Anything out there that doesn't require a remortgage to buy?

Edited by Darren Frosty

• Darren Frosty changed the title to Recommend me some decent but sensibly priced 55mm or 60mm 10th scale shocks please

Not sure if it helps but I have used 3racing alloy Sakura upgrade shocks in the past and find them pretty good, also MST TR56 shocks are very good. The MST shocks don't fit with ball joints if I remember correctly but I am sure you'll find a way to get them on (I might have remembered wrong) 

The building of them makes the difference, take your time and don't overfill for the perfect balance of rebound and softness

• Like 1

To be fair the kit D4 shocks are okay, I used them for years on mine, but I now run TR56 or alloy D4 upgrade shocks on all my drift chassis, gives much more responsiveness in my opinion 👍

• Like 1

cheers Andy. As you know about the Sakura stuff, can you explain the deal with them? I've ordered a D4 AWD from AliXpress which I assume to be a copy of the real thing, or is it actually the real thing I have bought because well that's just what they are, chinese cars? I see second hand ones for sale for loads of money on Facebook so I assumed that mine is a copy.

The copies are indeed copies, usually come with loads of alloy and carbon looking parts. They generally don't have the same quality of screws and don't fit together as well. But, if you are just wanting something to have fun with, I am sure it will be perfectly okay. Maybe just check it all over and give it a good lube up 🙂  I have a couple of RWD D4s, for indoor club/comp use they need a fair bit of upgrading and tuning but I do quite like the chassis. 

• Thanks 1

I had the same issue the fastrax shocks, I ended up getting a refund. Did you have the same issue as in the picture?

I've since got a set of yeah racing 55mm ones and they are great, I paid around £30 for four.

20210618_133958.jpg

20210611_162249.jpg