• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

WL Toys Owners Thread

I saw an RC Kicks video where he mentioned these were in the pipeline. I believe these brushless versions will use a three wire servo too. 

I know that people's opinions are divided on these but the platform is proven to be good for speed runs etc and with the new electronics they should be fairly good straight out the box with scope to upgrade as and when required.

If I were to buy one I'd add my own lipo and charger but that's similar for most things at this price point.

• Like 1

They aren't bad value for money however UK park support is poor and who wants to wait 4-6 weeks for replacements! This just puts people off. 

For the same money or a little extra you'd be better off getting a tamiya as they are pretty solid and part support is very good. 

• Like 2

At those prices they are are starting to get pretty close to the cost of the LC racing models their design is ripped from. Would be interesting to get the two side by side to see how the quality of the WLToys ones compares. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BigGinge said:

At those prices they are are starting to get pretty close to the cost of the LC racing models their design is ripped from. Would be interesting to get the two side by side to see how the quality of the WLToys ones compares. 

Would be interesting to see a comparison for sure. I don't think there's much in it in terms of quality, and durability wise my WL models have been some of the strongest RC's I've had, as hard to believe as that is.

• Like 3

On 03/08/2021 at 10:34, James.S said:

Would be interesting to see a comparison for sure. I don't think there's much in it in terms of quality, and durability wise my WL models have been some of the strongest RC's I've had, as hard to believe as that is.

There's a few comparison videos on  YouTube. Having had both a LC and WL you can see where the corners are cut however for £70 you have a RTR little buggy, it has its place however I think the higher price tag models from WLtoys  aren't worth it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Like someone predicted earlier, these were meant to be out on the 8th, but are still listed as coming soon on Banggood.

Anyone have any updates?

Will be picking up a 124017 buggy when they are available.

Edited by Captain Howdy

In the comments section on Banggood for these cars - the 'seller' and a few other people have said the release date has been pushed back to Sept (no date stated) this would make sense with the delivery time on an Aliexpress order ?

As much as I love the little Hbx 16890 I have, the 124017 will be the next car for me.

I'd love to buy an Arrma Typhon 6s buggy tomorrow, but I'm still really new to Rc car's and think that would be a mistake, I've also come to like smaller than 1/10 scale off road buggies and low to the ground trucks, and just recently taking them apart.

Looking forward to these new WLToys cars as a complete novice

• Like 2

i think these look like extremely good value for money and from a couple of videos I have seen on YouTube they look like they go pretty well also, the only think that stops me is the lack of parts support.

Edit: I stand corrected it seems like Modelsport do some spares, but unsure for what models they cover

Edited by khevolution
  • Like 2

I've spent the time buying a few alloy 'bling' parts, servo steering bits, servo mounts and battery mounts (that may require a couple of new holes in the chassis) generally stuff that wont get smashed in a crash.

After reading here, I'm keeping all the plastic arms/steering bits to see how it goes.

Looking forward to a new car.

sorry guys, bit late top the party.

i want to know why these wl-toys buggy are so popular? what am i missing? these are just 12th scale just like mini losi 8 arent they?

is it because they are small and parts are alot cheaper than the mini losi 8 or something else?

For me, the prospect of having a car right out the box that will go over 40mph is appealing and when it cost's £100  its a no brainer.

There are loads of spares and upgrades available from various places, not the 6 week nightmare wait people seem to think about WLtoys spares.

Wasn't the Losi a 1/16 scale car?

Sorry mini 8 was 1/14 scale

Edited by Captain Howdy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...