• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Photobucket

DEL 69

Hi all, was wondering why so many people post pictures with PHOTOBUCKET plastered over the top. People post some good pics on here but spoiled  by the photobucket logo.

Just curious. 

It's Photobucket's watermark - not sure if it only applies to 'free' hosting or once a bandwidth limit is exceeded, either way it's not something the user decides to add.

It was worse at one point, they killed every unpaid pic

https://medium.com/@AxelUnlimited/how-photobucket-broke-the-internet-and-why-you-should-care-4a244bda6b7e

There used to be a walkaround, but they since stopped that too - Just below the text  "Then the image is displayed without the watermark!"

https://www.thephotoforum.com/threads/how-to-get-around-photobuckets-watermarks-on-your-images.438126/

Edited by TWINSET

25 minutes ago, TWINSET said:

It's Photobucket's watermark - not sure if it only applies to 'free' hosting or once a bandwidth limit is exceeded, either way it's not something the user decides to add.

It was worse at one point, they killed every unpaid pic

https://medium.com/@AxelUnlimited/how-photobucket-broke-the-internet-and-why-you-should-care-4a244bda6b7e

There used to be a walkaround, but they since stopped that too - Just below the text  "Then the image is displayed without the watermark!"

https://www.thephotoforum.com/threads/how-to-get-around-photobuckets-watermarks-on-your-images.438126/

Yes i know it's a water mark, But why do people use photo bucket nowadays, in modern computers and phones there is enough storage on your device.

Years ago everyone used it as the forums didn't have built in storage but about 5 years ago they wanted everyone to pay, I can't recall how much it was however 99% of people said no. Since then they've either watermarked a lot of photos or just removed them, sadly this ment a lot of pictures on forums disappeared overnight which sucked. The current method is ok however it seems to downgrade the quality of the pictures slightly IMO. 

7 hours ago, Alex97 said:

Years ago everyone used it as the forums didn't have built in storage but about 5 years ago they wanted everyone to pay, I can't recall how much it was however 99% of people said no. Since then they've either watermarked a lot of photos or just removed them, sadly this ment a lot of pictures on forums disappeared overnight which sucked. The current method is ok however it seems to downgrade the quality of the pictures slightly IMO. 

Photobucket messed up so many good forums, user guides, build threads and other helpful or interesting threads when they did that.

I know so many people that deleted their accounts with them, myself included after that. 

• Like 2

Photobucket, messed up so many forums, I also deleted my account, we may only be individuals but I think so many left them it did their reputation no good, I for one will never go back. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, billyb_imp said:

Photobucket, messed up so many forums, I also deleted my account, we may only be individuals but I think so many left them it did their reputation no good, I for one will never go back. 

5 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Same here 

...And same here. :good: