• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New (but old) guy here!

I have many years experience in r/c racing, both 1/10th and 1/8th off-road buggies, but since heart issues 3 years ago I've stopped driving (full size that is!) so getting to tracks is a real issue, SO I have gone in for Crawlers instead..! Racing is great fun, but on your own? NAH. So setting myself some challenges in my local park with a couple of cheap FTC models (Kanyon & Ravine) keeps me motivated. However it would be great to find other people local to me here in Liverpool, so if anyone wants to get in touch just let me know!

• Like 2

Thanks everyone! Shows I've got the "Bug" as I have just today received another FTX model, this time a Kanyon. From what I have read it has a good reputation - except the stupid metal front/rear steel plates mounted on only two points DUH. So I have just been and picked-up a length of 15mm L section aluminium to make the necessary mod. 

welcome, i found out last year i have congestive heart failure, went into hospital with pneumonia and pleurisy on my last birthday, day later got told i had the heart failure..... yeh fun times and got out hospital 8 days later lol

if you ever need to talk give me a shout 🙂

hope you have fun with your models 🙂