• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Krystal the Methabago

How were your high clearance links at the end of SST?
Personally i thought it did well with the small tires, that much of a raise will increase its roll chance considerably, you might want to look at putting some lead weights or something on the axles, and droop the suspension a bit to compensate for the extra growth its had?

8 minutes ago, Redback said:

How were your high clearance links at the end of SST?
Personally i thought it did well with the small tires, that much of a raise will increase its roll chance considerably, you might want to look at putting some lead weights or something on the axles, and droop the suspension a bit to compensate for the extra growth its had?

It’s actually doing OK on the bigger wheels with the extra weight in them - 180g per wheel. 

Droop just makes the body rub everywhere!  I am getting some arch rub with the big wheels that I didn’t get before. 

I may weight the smaller wheels and see how she does on them. 

She will now climb a 5.25 inch vertical step head on!

Can you please send the footage you said you got?  I’d love to see it

Edited by walkbythesea

• 3 months later...
18 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Looks a lot more stable now tho :good:

when your mates had a shot did they manage to topple her ?

That wasn’t me driving - she was only really rolling now in situations you might expect any normal truck to roll in

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Finally fitted the heavy duty links, a twin motor winch and put 5000 weight silicon diff oil in the shocks to try and control the insane body roll. 

Off to SST pay and play tomorrow, can’t wait. 

Edited by walkbythesea
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

How did Krystal do ?

Really really well, she’s come a long way. 

Both my mates had a good long play too and we’re both really surprised about how good she is considering her Tonka roots. 

A great success.  Really surprisingly capable considering her small wheels, long overhangs, low clearances and ridiculous weight 😂

• Haha 1