• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Storms H 7 TQ conversion

Well the battery tray turned up today woohoo and the conversion is finnished just the holes in shell to fill in and guess what its raining again 😞

oJ9ONMp.jpg

bGRJjZj.jpg

This time 5 holes drilled in chassis 4 for tray and 1 for motor mount :good:

Edited by Stormbringer
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Fuzzock said:

Pictures or it didn't happen!!! 🤨

Ian..

What he said ⬆️  😜

34 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Just tried it out and it goes it really goes makes the 100A VSe seem slow now lol :rofl:

Aw don't say that! ... i'm just about to buy a VS....  😂 😭

• Like 1

next time its out will try get pictures :good:

7 minutes ago, James.S said:

What he said ⬆️  😜

Aw don't say that! ... i'm just about to buy a VS....  😂 😭

Were running 2200kv motors in our conversions and VSe comes with a 2000 with a bit lower gearing 

also were running 17 tooth pinions in the H7's but i think its a 14 or 15 in VSe so a bit squiggle room if you want to up pinion size and in all honesty i dont think youl be disappointed in the VSe mate :cheers:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stormbringer said:

next time its out will try get pictures :good:

Were running 2200kv motors in our conversions and VSe comes with a 2000 with a bit lower gearing 

also were running 17 tooth pinions in the H7's but i think its a 14 or 15 in VSe so a bit squiggle room if you want to up pinion size and in all honesty i dont think youl be disappointed in the VSe mate :cheers:

Nice one man 👍

So what was the main reason you went for the higher KV & bigger pinion then? Bit more top end  but sacrifice some of that initial torque/acceleration, right? I'm guessing the standard 2000kv with 14/15 pinion is going to be quicker off the mark than the setup you're running, but probably run out of steam alot sooner and be maybe 10mph slower top speed?

Anyway, you're right, I already know that i'll love it,  I need to stop procrastinating and just buy one :lol:

• Haha 1

reason we went with 2200 is its the combo we could get came with that motor

Yrkoon bought a range of pinions from 15 through to 17 with a 19 on back order so him being him he tried the 17T 1st and motor/esc werent running hot so we think 17 is sweet spot for the conversion :good:

we can hold the motor for a good 10 secs or so before it feels hot:cheers:

• Like 2

had a good shot of dads one earlier and seems to perform roughly the same as mine even though the ground was pretty damp with all the rain earlier, yeh as dad said it was the motor size in the combo on model sport, i think his st is madder though on the same combo but we shall see when get a place to race em 🙂

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Yrkoon said:

had a good shot of dads one earlier and seems to perform roughly the same as mine even though the ground was pretty damp with all the rain earlier, yeh as dad said it was the motor size in the combo on model sport, i think his st is madder though on the same combo but we shall see when get a place to race em 🙂

Yeah i bet it rips mate. I've always really liked the look of the Hyper ST, if they made an electric RTR version i'd probably buy that in an instant lol. Still, the buggy is one i've always wanted, since back in the nitro days when the Hyper 7 was brand new. Gonna order one in the next few days

• Like 2

Just now, James.S said:

Yeah i bet it rips mate. I've always really liked the look of the Hyper ST, if they made an electric RTR version i'd probably buy that in an instant lol. Still, the buggy is one i've always wanted, since back in the nitro days when the Hyper 7 was brand new. Gonna order one in the next few days

sweet my vse started making a weird noise only when i hit the  last few bits of throttle on the trigger, not sure whats causing it as dads one doesnt and mine sounds normal untill full throttle, might just be a bearing as all gears seem fine and i did have it out in the snow lol

vse is a sweet buy, i am sure you will love it, you going 100 or 150 amp?

4 minutes ago, Yrkoon said:

sweet my vse started making a weird noise only when i hit the  last few bits of throttle on the trigger, not sure whats causing it as dads one doesnt and mine sounds normal untill full throttle, might just be a bearing as all gears seem fine and i did have it out in the snow lol

vse is a sweet buy, i am sure you will love it, you going 100 or 150 amp?

Ah right well hopefully it's an easy fix mate. Weird noises are surely the bane of an RC enthusiasts life, lol. Might just need to strip it down give it all a good clean if there's any snow & crap that got in.

I think i'm gonna go for the 100A, as the more i've ponderered over which one to get, the more i've thought that I don't ever need to run 6s. At least not yet.. that'll be later down the road but in a different RC.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...