• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Storms H 7 TQ conversion

yeh mate might as well do it now i know how to lol and what a diference putting in a battery pressing a switch and it runs totally unlike a nitro with all faffing about to get started lol :rofl:

you started yours yet ?

• Like 1

No, I'm still torn between selling and buying a hyper VS or converting it. I like the thought of converting it but by the time I've done it all its going to cost 2/3 's of a a new buggy! Its all in my basket taunting me at the moment lol. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DogBone said:

No, I'm still torn between selling and buying a hyper VS or converting it. I like the thought of converting it but by the time I've done it all its going to cost 2/3 's of a a new buggy! Its all in my basket taunting me at the moment lol. 

Well mate your ST is fairly new and as youve found out its a good truck and i think you like it so just as well converting it as youve alrady taken nitro stuff of it

then save up get the 150A VSe best both worlds 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DogBone said:

Another?!?!

You can never have enough of these. They're so addictive! 

When I got mine, my wife complained saying it's too big, it's junk, it's a money pit, I've just added to the list of high maintenance cars I already have...

We then took my Hyper 7 out once it was converted along with her WLToys 144001...She crashed into me and was all apologetic...144 was rekt. She ended up using my Hyper 7 most of that session. 

Hyper 7 carried on like nothing happened. That day she decided she wants one too...if I'm honest I'm keeping my eye out for another as my current one is my first proper RC and first build so I'm a bit sentimental over it. I wouldn't mind a 4S basher that doesn't slap you with a bill for new tyres every other run 😒

Okay @Stormbringer you're not wrong about "why would you want 6S" 😂

• Haha 3

I had mine cartwheeling today, wheelied too hard and it ended up like a turtle on its back...multiple times 😂 after that a bunch of fast passes and it's still fully functional. 

I continue to be amazed by the Hyper 7, it's my favourite "toy" id say. 

• Haha 2

only took about week to 10 days for mine and the lads motor mounts to turn up :cheers:

but i went with the VSe mount this time tho :good:

Edited by Stormbringer
  • Like 1

I can get on with sorting the diffs and servo tray while I wait. I'm going 60 100 30 on diffs. I read the norm for a truggy is 70 100 30 and then tune from there but I couldn't find 70 so got 60.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DogBone said:

I can get on with sorting the diffs and servo tray while I wait. I'm going 60 100 30 on diffs. I read the norm for a truggy is 70 100 30 and then tune from there but I couldn't find 70 so got 60.

Yay on your news of doing the conversion.

In terms of oils, it wont be exact, but you could always mix oils...I mixed 100k with 5k at different ratios to try and achieve 80k and 60k.  I've done my diff oils in a way where its majority RWD then bit of power to the front...It doesn't bode well with soft grippy tyre compounds, but my Hyper 7 sees more tarmac than anything else and with GRPs so its no problem for me.

I'm really enjoying these conversion threads its so nice seeing these cars get another lease on life. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DogBone said:

It's done, I've ordered it all 🙈. Motor mount from China will take a while I guess but the rest should be here next week. 

your gonna love it bud, it is a total nut job on leccy power and thats only 4s lmao 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

reason i went for the Kronos tray is i have a couple of these they are longer but not as high as standard 6000 batts

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0813WG347/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

dont buy the 6s till after youve ran it 4s mate :insane:

Where were you when I needed this advice? 😂 Nah in all seriousness, I started my journey on 3S and that was a hoot initially...

4S is definitely the sweet spot unless you're going to be running belted tyres and faffing about for each type of terrain, then 6S is your friend. 

RIP Arrma Katars, you served me well for one 6S session 😉 okay may be I'm being a little dramatic there's still some life in these...I dare not use them again until I meet some grass. 

Luckily I bought these from a friend for way under retail, had these been purchased at retail...

Edit: these are a great set of wheels.

IMG_20210417_144924.thumb.jpg.9c810472ec9007cce68adca5fd94bd59.jpgIMG_20210417_141650.thumb.jpg.0b66588d79e509a806ea391a849c00a7.jpg

Edited by Bert_w164
  • Haha 1

Yep, I'm very quick to recommend 6S to everyone but I often forget to mention the obvious bits of running costs and maintenance, soon they aren't very different to those of a high performance 1:1 car. 

@Stormbringer and @Yrkoon which trays did you get for the Hyper 7? If there's something I can get fairly quickly they would be grand...perhaps then I can have another 4S cell that doesn't go flying out the car and meet its death

Edit: I'm a pleb, Kronos tray...I'll go search and find one!

😂

Edited by Bert_w164

i went with the vse tray for my H7 conversion mate  all tho i went with the Kronos v2 tray for st  the vse tray fits h7 better  tho it may be a good choice  as more room in h7 believe it or not lol

side trays are wider in h7 :cheers:

https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/178186/

Edited by Stormbringer
  • Like 1