• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Storms Hyper ST conversion

1 hour ago, DogBone said:

what wheels are those? They look like the fastrax ones i bought but mine don't fit without rubbing the front suspension arm.

I really cant remember mate they maybe the fasttrax wheels tho but not run car yet and not saw rubbing on bench yet

Mugen truggy side guards are wider and will fit to give some protection on battery side.  I run one side with stock guard and the other with Mugen guard. What pinion size are you using? ST spur is 52t, I think I run 16T pinion.

• Like 2

Those wheels have zero offset so your not as wide as stock. If you find stability is an issue then you can get wheel axle extenders from Fastrax or 1/2" offset rims.

The chassis braces are cast aluminium are known to breakk, so look out for the Pro cnc versions, which are more robust.

• Like 2

i have a couple of spare H7 guards  kicking about and was going to do something with 1 of those just to cover the tray :cheers:

going to run a 15 to start with as its a 2200 motor so start there and work up if needed :good:

cheers for the info mate thx 

• Like 1

Great progress and it's interesting seeing the differences between this model and the Hyper 7. Will be following with interest 😁 Edit: good bit of info there about the mount and how you got it to fit with washers. Thanks for sharing that. 

Edited by Bert_w164
  • Like 2

im not sure what other shell will fit and they all tend to melt where close to the exhaust pipe 

i did come across this tho but youl need to drill other mounting holes in it if it fits 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=384430

• Like 1

ok cool you only need drill 3 holes to fit that 1 but you do need to bevel the mount posts on it also theres not lot of clearance from the spur gear  :cheers:

• Like 3