• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

CORE RC ELECTRIC MINI SCREWDRIVER

.AJ.

Mmm I am actually in the market for one. Got some baby furniture coming so ideally I want one that can be used for both rcs and to set up some ikea furniture and stuff. Can anybody recommend one?

I have one almost identical to this that's branded "Vonhaus" from amazon I think... except it's orange. Note that this doesn't have a variable speed trigger.

It will do the job, just about, the soft clutch is pretty good for RC as you can set it to yield a good mm or two before snug to make sure you do it up by hand. It's still a naff cheap tool though and 9/10 times I reach for my Makita that's way overpowered for the job.

@jimbulsara - If I was you, I would invest in a proper drill driver. The Bosch 12v range are great, going to set you back quite a bit more... but its a proper tool. The video mentioned by @Tug is a good watch if you really are set on a screwdriver. I think the "no cry" came out pretty well given it has variable speed, clutch, and a decent amount of torque.

• Like 1

thanks @Paul Busby. can you recommend a specific bosch drill ? Won’t it be too powerful for rc and ikea furniture? What about ergonomics? Are they comfortable to hold on one hand whilst working on a rc?
thanks for the suggestions. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N4PT3ST/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_F5MGA8YWB1D6QCWHEJKC

I think this is the one I have. On offer at the moment it's a lot of drill for the money, especially with 2 batts and a charger.

Ergonomics are excellent, with the proviso that you can't, "stand them up" like bigger drills/drivers.

It is for sure overpowered for those tasks, but the clutch is decent so you can probably set that, and let it yield for most IKEA furniture. For RC this would also probably work, but I wouldn't risk it. I'd manually stop a mm or two away from snug.

The key here is that it has a 2 speed gearbox, and variable speed trigger, so as long as you control it and don't always just smash screws in, it will work a treat.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/05/2021 at 10:26, Paul Busby said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N4PT3ST/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_F5MGA8YWB1D6QCWHEJKC

I think this is the one I have. On offer at the moment it's a lot of drill for the money, especially with 2 batts and a charger.

Ergonomics are excellent, with the proviso that you can't, "stand them up" like bigger drills/drivers.

It is for sure overpowered for those tasks, but the clutch is decent so you can probably set that, and let it yield for most IKEA furniture. For RC this would also probably work, but I wouldn't risk it. I'd manually stop a mm or two away from snug.

The key here is that it has a 2 speed gearbox, and variable speed trigger, so as long as you control it and don't always just smash screws in, it will work a treat.

Thanks for the reply Paul. Ended up getting a makita which was similarly speced but a tad bit smaller (something i discovered from the link you suggested).  Yeah i will just use it to drive the Rc screws most of the way but not all the way then finish them up by hand.