• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Toe in or out on a basher?

Alfie amey

If you're not running around a track, stick to zero toe i.e. parallel. Toe in or out affects how the car turn into and through a corner. It can easily be confusing when it doesn't need to be.

• Like 2

Haha, I often run a little tow out as I like the extra turn in!... 

But as others have said, start with 0 . Then if you find the front end too nippy then toe in, if it’s too sluggish then toe out a little... 

I'm not familiar with the SSTE, pivot ball or chub (like my H7)?  but depending on how new / worn it is, then trying to dial in -1, 0, +1 etc might be a moot point anyway. On some of my more abused bashers you get anything from about -5 to +5 without having to set anything 😁

• Like 1

On 09/04/2021 at 11:49, Tug said:

Dead straight or one degree toe-in. 

I would agree with this!

Also has been mentioned bashers tend to get a natural adjustment after a few 'enthusiastic' lands so I never worried about it as much as when racing.

Ian...

Apologies... I realise now I should have been clearer!. 

Front - I run a little toe out but most will run 0 or toe in , which helps a little for higher speed calmness.. 

Rear - I run toe in always where possible for extra rear bite. Only drift cars would run toe out. 

With regards camber, I find I nearly always run more on my front Wheels than rear to offer more near/on limit steering vs rear grip - that way it will step the rear before the front.  

Ultimate set up depends upon each rigs bias and quirks!..