• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

30dn sdt basher.

Hell horn.

So I got bored with small cars. Wanted something big but not petrol.  To much messing.  Had a  tight budget,   @Oh How Original pointed this out. Fantastic. Sorted then. Sold few bits. And got it sorted.  Batteries and oils are in the post currently for it.

Won't be getting any upgrades for it unless I kill something.   

First thing will be some custom decals or a skin for it if possible

Can't wait to get it out and racing around now. 

IMG_20210320_115754.jpg

• Like 2

Looks very cool mate  :good: 

I read on another thread you said it's a 1/6th scale, it must be huge! Guessing around 800mm long?

It'd be good to see a pic without the bodyshell & also be interested to see it in action once you get out with it 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, James.S said:

Looks very cool mate  :good: 

I read on another thread you said it's a 1/6th scale, it must be huge! Guessing around 800mm long?

It'd be good to see a pic without the bodyshell & also be interested to see it in action once you get out with it 

I can get measurements later. But yes. It's big. Almost 5th scale size.  Will get some in a minute 

It's a 500mm wheel base and 815mm long, 

The  x maxx is 780 long and 480mm wb. 

A hoi baja 5b is 817mm long 

And the big daddy losi 5ive t is 965mm. So it's around the same size as a lot of 5ths. But not the 5ive t. But then nothing is. 

• Like 1

The only downfall is the battery tray. It's on the small size for the car this big. Can get a pair of 5000mah 3s in. Just. If I go 8s then it's 4000mah 4s at a push. So will be looking to see if I can get any more out of it

Sorted rear shocks today. 85wt oil rear. 60wt front. Feels much nicer now.

Made some mud flaps for the rear and a guard to go in between the front guards behind front wheels. 

Now just need to all clear from doctors and I can get it out for a bash 

IMG_20210324_162951.jpg

IMG_20210324_152452.jpg

Fill the diffs proper.

Neighbours came basically with two almost dry diffs and one filled with what could be described as dirty mineral water. Shocks were, too, but looks like you sorted that already. Make sure the pinion is tight, his wasn't thread locked. 

Oh, and don't run it 8s. Not only does it drive pretty garbage on 8s (torque twisting like mad), it also runs incredibly hot. It's not meant to run 8s - the ESC might be, the motor very much isn't. 

edit: at least on stock gearing it isn't, he's running it 6s on stock gearing now and it's plenty fast enough for a short course truck. 

edit2: his was geared 19/37 out of the box btw, in case yours might be differently geared. If it's the same gearing, don't run it 8s. It's a final gear ratio of 1.91, way too high for 8s. 

Edited by m4inbrain

Will be running it on 6s. Not interested in 8s on this.   Already done diffs. My ones came with a good  build in the diffs.   Good amount of oil.  Felt like a good choice. But have redone them anyways. Car got a full check over. All is good. Pinion is thread locked and tight as.  Only bad point was a missing part of the spare wheel holder.  Rcmodelz have already sent it out to me. Everything else is sweet on it.

Plan is add a few fans even running on 6s. 

Add a few small upgrades and some lights.  And thats about it.  See how it goes. 

The big issue for me is the limited space for good size batteries.   In this at 6s. 5000mah 6s set up only just fits in. I'd like a bit bigger then that.  I'm working out if there is anyway to get a bigger set up in. 

Added some wrap to the car. Looks much better now. Less boring body.  Got a few other bits to get for it still.  Motor fan next. And a few other decals at some point 

IMG_20210331_153954.jpg

• Like 2