• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Another which RC thread

supersavage

As I'm contemplating selling my Felony I keep wondering if I sold it what would I get to replace it. So far my ideas are a Traxxas Maxx though it's extremely pricey for what it is, a Arrma 3s thing though I'm not sure I want another Arrma, Axial Ryft or a Losi LMT. I'm kind of leaning towards a 3s Armma thing or the Maxx as I think I'd prefer something that I can take out and bash the daylights out of and not care about it.

Obviously this all depends on whether I decide to sell the Felony or not but would like to hear some opinions.

Where do you intend to run and what sort of surfaces?

I think there is the perfect 3s Arrma for everyone.

IMO they are actually better than the bigger ones.

The Typhon 3s is fantastic if you wan a bit more speed and buggy handling.

The Senton 3s IMO is the best short course truck available and I've had quite a few.

Or the Granite/Big Rick 3s if you want the MT style, with the durability still.

I would say the biggest flaw in the Arrmas is the LVC does kick in a tad early, at least for my preference.

But lets be honest, for £110 you could get a HW Max10 combo, be 3s and 4s capable, sell the stock unit for even £50, and for sub £400, you're still over £200 better off than the Maxx 😄 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

Where do you intend to run and what sort of surfaces?

I think there is the perfect 3s Arrma for everyone.

IMO they are actually better than the bigger ones.

The Typhon 3s is fantastic if you wan a bit more speed and buggy handling.

The Senton 3s IMO is the best short course truck available and I've had quite a few.

Or the Granite/Big Rick 3s if you want the MT style, with the durability still.

I would say the biggest flaw in the Arrmas is the LVC does kick in a tad early, at least for my preference.

But lets be honest, for £110 you could get a HW Max10 combo, be 3s and 4s capable, sell the stock unit for even £50, and for sub £400, you're still over £200 better off than the Maxx 😄 

And TBH the Maxx needs the widekit!

Here's a Maxx owner confirming that, to go proper careless, it needs the widekit. And new shock oil, it's very soft out of the box, chassis slapping from even 2 foot (feet?) drops. 

It drives well enough without, but it does topple easily. 

And it's overpriced. Don't get me wrong, i love mine, and i'd buy it again without hesitation, but there's no way around that price. 

• Like 1