• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Axial RBX10 Ryft Owners Thread!

.AJ.

44 minutes ago, thesnake505 said:

So picked some 3s batteries up yesterday which are awesome. 

Took the truck out for a bash at a local national Trust place called carding Mill Valley.

Love the truck it's a blast, need to lower the center of gravity however. 

I think the stock servo saver has  died on me because under minor bind the servo can go lock to lock with out moving the wheels.  I have an lst one the way though.

Also broke a front link on the arm.

Can't wait to get this fixed and back out. Its such a blast. 

20230114_132209.thumb.jpg.882340b92d363d6fed3c18b1fc0352cc.jpg

Stock servo and servo saver are pants. Only 15kg torque in the servo and a week saver.  Upgrade them as soon as you can.  And the stock bent rod ends snap easy.  Replace with the straight ones.  Buy a back or 2.  You will need them. 

• Like 1

Savox fitted until the one I ordered for this arrives.  Servo saver fitted but had to trim it down.  It was catching the link.   

Once the new servo arrives I will add a bec to get the full 7.4v to the servo.  Then I think she is done other then sorting a skin for it. 

PXL_20230114_162815316.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hell horn. said:

Stock servo and servo saver are pants. Only 15kg torque in the servo and a week saver.  Upgrade them as soon as you can.  And the stock bent rod ends snap easy.  Replace with the straight ones.  Buy a back or 2.  You will need them. 

What cheapish servos do people recommend?

Also I guess what servo saver?

Servo saver. Treal make one. This one I'm using I'd from eBay so cheap.  Not sure yet how good it will be.  But it's worth a try. 

One designed for the losi lmt should fit too. 

As for servo.  Put as much money into that as you can.  It will kill cheap ones. I'm trying out one from AliExpress. A 46kg one. It's meant to be a good servo so going to give it a go and see. 

19 hours ago, .AJ. said:

I bought one if them, there is annoying slop between the the tube and the cam, I stuck it together with red thread lock and it was ok for a while 

I tried one of those too and the nut kept coming off 😔

On 14/01/2023 at 14:57, Hell horn. said:

So replace the front link, only have spare bent ones so used what I had. I have ordered some straight.

However the rears have loads and loads of slop in them, it's obvious the eye is ovaled.

Is it worth sticking aluminium arms on?  Or will this cause other issues?

I have upgraded my trailing arms for metal ones but I am using stock ryft rod ends on them. As the ryft uses large then normal balls in the rod ends.  I got a couple bags of spare rod ends. If it's the rod itself you snapped and not a rod end. I'd suggest getting hold of center of gravity racing and get him to make you some new links.  Then just use some spacers to make them fit the ryft. Like this. 

16738082697442424094946996470074.jpg

Good morning all

I have a question on noisy gear box's

since I had the Ryft i have noticed the gear box is very noisy, I stripped out the motor and gear box, and the noise is coming from the mesh between the spur gear and the main gear, i couldn't get them to mesh any better so i added some Teflon grease and carried on.

a couple of packs later and the noise is back.

its only off load, if I i am using the truck its all seems fine.  is this usual or should I pull the box again and re inspect?

on an separate not I'm tempted to lock the rear diff and only have the front as it is.

cheers

I'd lock all the diffs.  Or if you want open front.  Get the upgraded diff cup and gears.  The stock ones won't last when you start giving it some beans.  I ran 2 million diff oil in the front on my build.  That wasn't to bad.  Some run the traxxes 20 million diff oil.  Then it's just about Locked. But stil work if needed. 

My car makes a bit if noise from gearbox but everything is running fine and has been since I go it.  So I don't think there is anything to worry about.  Metal gears tend to make more noise as they move about 

So today i added a power hd servo, its from my 4ws maverick scout, its sister servo died and I had this one lying around. The difference is night and day coupled with the new servo saver.

It has magnified how give the tyre have in their side wall. A gentle reminder this truck is not for high speed bashing.

Does any one have dimensions for beef tubes at all?  Wanting to make some if possible??

17 hours ago, GeoffDa said:

So, I'm running mine on 2s or 3s, and climbing rocks with some enthusiasm!

What is the collective wisdom on filling the Differentials with 2million cst oil*.

*Nominally oil, it looks very thick!

After several uses on mine i have ended up locking both the center and rear diff and have 500000 cst oil in the front, its a much better truck for it.

cheers

• Thanks 1

I've just fitted the rear sway bar and was all set to remove the silver diff cap, to go to 2million cst, when I realised its a dummy. Can anyone tell me if I need to remove the axle and take the other side off to change cst?

They are 1 piece, so should be ok, I would look to get them without internals and reuse the Axial shafts and diffs if possible, if not keep the new internal parts as spares 👍 

For reference these are the 3 piece ones, you can see the axle tubes bolt onto the gearbox pumpkin, they are meant to slop out really quickly and are junk 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154668323754?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=bqpCvtqjRTu&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=El0DyfSqRf-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I agree with aj.  Do not get the 3 piece ones.   They are totally junk.  Seen a few sets people have had. And you get lots of slop and play as soon as you run them.   Not worth the money. 

Order the solid ones and reuse your axle bits.  

• Like 1

I've ordered the metal pre built axles, I have hand problems, so it'll be easier for me. 

Next question. Does anyone have a link for straight steering rods, it seems, from reading this thread, that the stock ones are a weakness? 

Much appreciated. 

P. S. Once I have the new axles fitted I'll post a few pictures. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GeoffDa said:

I've ordered the metal pre built axles, I have hand problems, so it'll be easier for me. 

Next question. Does anyone have a link for straight steering rods, it seems, from reading this thread, that the stock ones are a weakness? 

Much appreciated. 

P. S. Once I have the new axles fitted I'll post a few pictures. 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/axial-rod-ends-straight-m4-10-rbx10-1335598

👍