• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Arrma Typhon 3s owners thread.

By looks i meant they look cheap/nasty, the goal is to increase grip a bit - i doubt that they would do what i want/need them to do. I'll keep looking, belted tyres are, as you mentioned, pretty pointless on the 3s buggies, but i do want some reasonable quality on the shoes. If only they made 110mm hoons. 

Well there we go, badlands mx it is. Gonna check for myself what all that raving is about.

1 hour ago, supersavage said:

No particular reason, i just forgot about them lol. Cheers, so far probably the most reasonable option. 👍

Well I just ran the little Typhon on the new electrics and pinion, I'm having major signal issues though, so couldn't do a proper run, but hit 40mph on 2s, which is quite good, basically a 25% improvement, but I think it has a smidge more to go really, on a proper run.

3s is going to be interesting 😄 

23 hours ago, m4inbrain said:

image.thumb.png.141caadc666a8122ccc331d171826c98.png

My wife likes it colourful. Somewhat matching shock covers inbound too, but coming from the US will take a while.

I've got one like that 🤣IMG20210302115643.thumb.jpg.d11902a0c2d1e5226847debaba18f93a.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah but do you also have somewhat matching shock covers? 😉 😛

She actually is slightly unhappy with it, the one for the Kraton EXB that looks the same has a different phrase printed onto it, she actually wanted that. 😄

Edited by m4inbrain

16 hours ago, froggy8 said:

Yup. 🙂

As a sidenote, due to an issue with my DB Pro order, i got some store credit with Amain - ordered four Duratrax Bandito road wheels/tyres, and four Duratrax Lockups offroad wheels/tyres. Curious as to how those perform, apparently those Lockups are worth the monies.

• Like 1

problem with this hobby is when you thought you have found the right rig then you start looking at another one * sigh * 😄 

what i want for an rc is lightness, small and easy to work on and so far its this rig, i know its 8th scale but its light, im guessing its light as the electronics are for 10th scale.

but yeah wouldnt mind this one now 🙂 

• Like 2

Oh  yeah it's very light, it's quite a bit lighter than my 1/10 DB Pro even.

I'd argue it's one of the best "starter rigs" out there, didn't think i'd like it as much as i do.

• Like 1

i had the vorza and a hyper 10tt(truggy) and you can notice the size on the 2 of them instantly, you saying the arrma 3s is smaller to the vorza? wouldnt mind if this rig is light, easy to work on and smaller. would be easier to carry like you do in a bag.