• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Wife finally found out how many cars I have!

Alex Mitchell

I have 4 nitros plus bags and boxes of stock,since September last year I've accumulated into the hobby,gone and got the ones I really wanted from years ago 10+ and the fiance of 4 years 😂 apparently I need to get rid of them but I'm only just getting started haha,younwas lucky to get away for the day tbh she hates when I'm working on them but it is what it is so just tell her that's that lol. Politely off course 😘,she will get round to asking you again so be ready 😂😂😂

• Like 1

A while ago I managed to get some shelves set up in our hobby room and put my cars out on display. My wife was also surprised to see the size of the fleet, but instead of being horrified, she took an interest, asked a bit about them, what they were, etc, She noted that there were a few gaps in the fleet, such as I had a FF-01 and FF-03 but no FF-02 for example, and suggested that I get the "missing" cars to make up a complete set!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

i had around 40  and 2 of the big traxxas summits lived in the bath  and the 3rd was kept on the chest freezer.  My missus never minded the cars but the RC planes were a different story.  lol

• Like 1

I have 1, but in the process of building a second. 

She is not impressed that I have one and I have yet to convince her to have a go to see how much fun they are. 

I'm not sure I could get away with 9, nevermind ones as large as a xmaxx and trx6! 

• Like 1

@TurnipJF My parents were the same, Dad had his Z gauge railway and Mum had her embroidery. My other half is big into her garden and has some eccentric home furnishing ideas, but its all cool. If I am ever a bit bored her first reaction is 'why don't you get a new car/boat to build'. Am pretty blessed really 😁 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Alex Mitchell said:

Luckily for me, I steered clear for the day and she hasn’t mentioned it again.   

Do you really think shes steered clear and forgotten? Do you really?

Hell no!

Right now she is googling the value of them all!

You wait till she wants something new and expensive!

Or she wants to cause you pain and decides to very slowly run them over recording the crunching sound just so she can play it back to you!

• Haha 1

Likewise, my Mrs would never question what I've bought, she know's I'm not extravagant (neither is she), and if a new RC turns up, she doesn't bat an eyelid.  It helps that she's not the slightest bit interested, so rarely even ventures into the hobby/dump room.  Likewise, when she spends 100 quid on new football boots or running shoes, or 400 quid on a set of new badminton racquets, I don't give a sod either.  As long as the house is warm, and there's food on the table for the kids, we respect each others judgement enough not to interfere or criticise.  Perhaps I'm just fortunate in that respect?

• Like 1