• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi LMT Owners Thread

Jumper

I finally broke the standard axle housing today. require being jumped off a quarter pipe at the skate park to break and had a bad landing. :lol: Lasted almost 6 months which is pretty good considering my driving and that everyone thinks they break on the first run. 

Edited by Jumper
  • Haha 1

nobody has axles in stock till September.  :boohoo: how can parts support be this bad after 6 months of the truck coming out. Its quite impressive really. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Jumper said:

nobody has axles in stock till September.  :boohoo: how can parts support be this bad after 6 months of the truck coming out. Its quite impressive really. 

A lot of things are out of stock.  A car i had on pre order for last month might not show until after sep

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Allan k said:

New or old version axle housing?

any.  i would rather have a old style axle thats in one piece than the current one i have in many pieces :lol: 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Allan k said:

The one that broke was that the old one or the new reinforced one?

it was the older one. 

Hopefully my local losi pusher is getting the lmt in his shop sometime in august.. i hope the reinforced axle housing that should be standard by that time will be better than the old version

i remember when the hpi baja 5b came out ~15 years ago they quickly reinforced the rear wheel… guess they misjudged the strength and abuse they would face

48 minutes ago, supersavage said:

So I think temptation is getting the better of me. What are the chances of this getting caught by customs if I order one later? https://www.amainhobbies.com/losi-lmt-4wd-solid-axle-monster-truck-roller-los04022/p-qqqetztqtm2yqctz

And is there a specific shipping option I should choose?

How much is postage? Cant believe you cant get the roller in the UK 😕

Edited by Guns

well it arrived, fitted it last night, broke it in one pack today even though its the new re enforced version :boohoo: worse than the standard one! 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Jumper said:

well it arrived, fitted it last night, broke it in one pack today even though its the new re enforced version :boohoo: worse than the standard one! 

What did you do to it.  I know it could of been made even stronger  but don't sound to good.

6 hours ago, Jumper said:

That sucks 😞 

Time to go Treal/Vitavon?

9 hours ago, turok007 said:

What did you do to it.  I know it could of been made even stronger  but don't sound to good.

yeah i hit a rock that was sticking out the ground, just small enough to go between the wheels and big enough to smack into the axle. It sounded really bad.  Kind of expected from a hit like that. 

3 hours ago, Guns said:

That sucks 😞 

Time to go Treal/Vitavon?

no chance. its pointless as you just end up breaking the links instead. I did the whole upgrade everything to aluminium on the smt10 and it just got heavier and more expensive. i'll just keep a spare plastic one and do a driver mod :lol:

IMG_20210623_213053.jpg

Edited by Jumper
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Allan k said:

Thanks.. finally got my lmt today, that thing is beast!   Does the telemetry battery indicator only work with a ‘spektrum smart battery? 

yup  as the battery has a extra wire for it to work

i finally got the new axle housing fitted. this time i've bought 2. hopefully this last longer :lol:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Allan k said:

You could just add that wire on any other battery right?

if you could find a picture of the inside of a smart battery  you might be able to wire one up