• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobao DC1 Owners

29 minutes ago, drewd said:

I've been looking at some of the builds here and elsewhere and really like these. They look very well engineered and good value for what you get.

Yea reason i went ahead with one today, Modelsport got them on sale. I think kit version and RTR version in couple colours

• Like 1

Its a nice car with some nice details on it, its definatly different to drive then my Kraton/Infraction etc lol

Seems faster in reverse guessing i need to swap the motor wires around? (Not sure if this is something how crawlers work). Also brakes are sharp off throttle, its very smooth to drive as well reminds me of a sensored motor

18 minutes ago, Logie said:

Its a nice car with some nice details on it, its definatly different to drive then my Kraton/Infraction etc lol

Seems faster in reverse guessing i need to swap the motor wires around? (Not sure if this is something how crawlers work). Also brakes are sharp off throttle, its very smooth to drive as well reminds me of a sensored motor

Did you get the RTR? Any pics?

32 minutes ago, Logie said:

Yea I did, only had a few mins with it, will give it a proper test on Saturday

Lol excuse sponge not been in my garden for a while

IMG-20210317-WA0065.jpeg

It looks good in black (grey?). Are the rear windows blacked out? I like it 👍

OK, I'm pulling my hair out at the mo (what little I've got) trying to get the damn video I shot to edit.

I'm using Adobe Premiere Elements latest version and its a paid for version (unlike me 😎) and it keeps crashing😡

The video from the camera come out as a .mts file, which according to Mediainfo is AVC video/AC-3 audio.

Tried the footage straight from the camera and when saving the edit it crashes encoding the output.

Tried converting to .mp4 with the same internal bitrates and a very short 10 second clip worked, but while adding more clips in the editor its */-+$%£ crashed again!

Help, what do you guys use to edit your clips

2 minutes ago, MrPeaski said:

OK, I'm pulling my hair out at the mo (what little I've got) trying to get the damn video I shot to edit.

I'm using Adobe Premiere Elements latest version and its a paid for version (unlike me 😎) and it keeps crashing😡

The video from the camera come out as a .mts file, which according to Mediainfo is AVC video/AC-3 audio.

Tried the footage straight from the camera and when saving the edit it crashes encoding the output.

Tried converting to .mp4 with the same internal bitrates and a very short 10 second clip worked, but while adding more clips in the editor its */-+$%£ crashed again!

Help, what do you guys use to edit your clips

sorry no idea m8, i just whack the vids straight to youtube with no editing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I film everything with my phone and use Kinemaster to edit. The free version is great, but the paid version is cheap enough and has some nice features.

Edited by everclear1984
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @everclear1984. Your videos are great which for me is a shame as I hate doing stuff on a phone. The filming would be ok, but I can't stand touch screens (Samsung Galaxy A50) for anything precise.

Looks like I'll have to persevere and try again

• Like 2

5 hours ago, everclear1984 said:

It looks good in black (grey?). Are the rear windows blacked out? I like it 👍

Yea grey, decal sheet had window tints for sides and rear window, likes nice except the odd air bubble lol

• Like 1

the only thing to off ever broke on both of ours are one pin on each on the front cva's or what ever their called, the wee pins that have the flat bit on em for a grub screw to hold in, dad found a random round pin in our spares to fix his and i found a random proper part in dads spares to fix mine lol

some pics of other night :

weee rocks

qFkrSPY.jpg

oh noes i encountered a fat man in a forest

KMJ8rSW.jpg

QNhggIp.jpg

we were out for about a hour and a half just exploring and walking, when we got back to the car i noticed my battery was getting a bit tired, turns out my battery was almost on storage mode lol

enjoyed just wondering about the quarry with dad and the surrounding woods, i need to exercise because of my dodgy heart and  that was far more exercise than i was told to do 😛

got 2 7200 mah lipos on the way from europe, for some some reason they were in customs......, gotta beat the ancient many year old 5000 mah one i had in it  🙂

Edited by Yrkoon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looks like you're having fun with them @Yrkoon @Stormbringer

Lots of people are having issues with the pins snapping but mine has been 100% fine so far. Have you both dialled back the steering end points? I think mine is set to about 50% and I still get full lock, any more than 50% and I'd just be putting extra strain on the steering setup with zero additional gain.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great pictures there @Yrkoon

@everclear1984 I saw a YouTube clip that suggested adjusting the endpoints. with the kit plastic servo horn on the 4link/on axle servo mount, my endpoints are at around 60% and that simply because the ball joint (setup as yours is) comes into contact with the servo. Think I'm getting most of the available steering lock, but I'm going to try a remodel (and 3D print) of the on axle mount to lift the servo an extra 2-3mm.

Ally servo horn still on the way so this may not be needed once fitted.

• Like 3

Man thats crazy, sure it was foating a little bit lol. Lots of nice places to take them in South Wales, taking mine out on Sat. Mates getting a TRX-4 soon and getting 2 of his kids DC1s and another friend will buy a crawler so be a little gang of us.

It seems a bit to stiff imo, but i only have big batteries to go in it so it might be ok when i have 5000mah battery in it.

Also is it still the case that it should go faster forward then reverse? Dont want to swap motor wires around yet just incase thats how they suppose to run. I know you can tweak the speed with the hand set.

@Logie I have the kit version with a Hobbywing 1080 ESC (think the RTR is a Hobbbywing 1060). When set up with + on the ESC to + on the motor, and - on the ESC to - on the motor it was faster backwards which isn't right.

I've swapped them around and it is running correct which is faster forwards. I have no idea why the supposed 'correct' wiring' is like this.

@everclear1984 and @Stormbringer have the same setup and theirs are the same. It ends up being Blue ESC wire to Red motor wire, Yellow ESC wire to Black motorr wire

Although looking at the RTR pics the motor wires are blue/yellow too! you can just switch them over on the motor

I too have a 5500mah 2s battery, but I'm testing suspension adjustments as it did seem overdamped from stock when building up. See my post on page 8 for my comments (11 March)

Edited by MrPeaski
  • Like 1

I've finally got the video I shot the other day to edit together. Turns out it was the overclock on the PC that was causing all the problems. Turned it down from 4.9Ghz to 4.6Ghz and all is well.

There are a few firsts for me with this, first time shooting video with this camera (10 year old Panasonic Lumix TZ10), first time filming with a camera attached to a transmitter, and first time driving a trail crawler on a trail.

I think next time i do this I'll use a modern phone as the resolution and quality will be better.

The video isn't brilliant, but let me know what you think

Edited by MrPeaski
  • Like 3