• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobao DC1 Owners

99% certain it will happen, just waiting for 'funding'

Got everything I need to do a full build bookmarked at Modelsport, just hope that when the time come it'll all be in stock and not gone crazy pricewise.

I'd have gone for the RTR, but I've got a half decent radio I want to use Radiolink RC4GS, that came with 2 receivers, one of which is in a FTX mini X2.0. Just need to modify the 4th channel switch from a momentary button to a slider.

Channel 3 is a rotary VR and controls the giro sensitivity in one of the supplied receivers.

Also I haven't done a full build in years, think the last was a Savage 4.6 about 12 or 13 years ago, so quite looking forward to that.

Got a idea for a paint job,  something like this

mansory_mercedes-benz_g-class_wide_57.jpg

• Like 2

well you need 3 for the dc1 as it has a 2 gear shift which goes on an rc channel so with 4 cha 1 used for gyro should be fine :good:

ps is that how you gonna do it ?

pps lol

Myself and Everclear used these wheels so may be worth you getting if not these something along same lines as stock wheels are just plastic and need tyres glueing  with these you could use original tyres or chop change tyres as you go whueee lol :cheers:

• Like 1

The radio has 4 channels

Channel 3 is normally set up on a rotary control to adjust the sensitivity on the giro. I'm tempted to keep the giro function for when its in high gear to help it stay straight

Channel 4 is set on a momentary push button. so when you let go it goes back to its original state. I'd need to hold it down so not ideal for a gear shift. I'm going to de-solder the push button and change it for a slider and then it will work for a gear change switch

got some beadlock wheels in mind so won't be gluing tyres

Edited by MrPeaski

10 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

Welcome to the club :cheers: 

Pics or it didn't happen

😉

ordered it today, so it is not here jet, but I going to post pics here

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

welcome to the DC1 owners was it the kit or rtr you got ?

kit, I am not a big fan of always buy the kit version if it available, my Tamiya MAN truck that I bought last month have to paint a lot of abs plastic so because of the weather here, snow and cold I can not paint so that project is on hold and I am out of projects, the lexan body I can paint inside the house with an airbrush, the paint does not smell that bad and is not toxic.

I looks like a very nice car, and it looks like it does not need a lot of upgrades, the only thing I ordered are the dual stroke springs.

the kit arrived today, so now I can start building it,  ordered a hobbywing quickrun wp-1080,  power hd 20 kg servo for it and a cheap 550 27 turns motor al the elektric  parts cost me £51 so that is not braking the bank.

How are the stock tires and wheels ? I did want to buy new ones right now, maybe later.

50932747796_9720cd057c_k.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, No brains said:

the kit arrived today, so now I can start building it,  ordered a hobbywing quickrun wp-1080,  power hd 20 kg servo for it and a cheap 550 27 turns motor al the elektric  parts cost me £51 so that is not braking the bank.

How are the stock tires and wheels ? I did want to buy new ones right now, maybe later.

50932747796_9720cd057c_k.jpg

Run the stock wheels and tyres, they're perfectly useable 👍

9 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Congrats mate yeh the stock wheels are usable but might be usefull to weight them :good:

What colour you doing yours ?

good to hear that the stock wheels and tires are usable,  don't know if I need weight in them, going to use the car only for runing in the woods some mud and run over some tree roots, not using it for hard core crawling.

ordered 2 colors of paint for it not decide what color it wil be, I ordered pearl black and pearl green.

Edited by No brains

10 minutes ago, MrPeaski said:

Can't wait to order mine, it'll be another 3-4 weeks yet though 😒.

Got a complete build list bookmarked ready to order and just hope everything will still be in stock

I hope for you that the car is in stock then,  esc, servo and motor you can order in many webshops, bought mine dc-01 kit for £219 but that  was in a local Dutch webshop, the hobbywing wp1080 and power Hd servo I ordered from asiatees for £45 and the motor from hobbyking for £7

1 hour ago, No brains said:

good to hear that the stock wheels and tires are usable,  don't know if I need weight in them, going to use the car only for runing in the woods some mud and run over some tree roots, not using it for hard core crawling.

ordered 2 colors of paint for it not decide what color it wil be, I ordered pearl black and pearl green.

Even if not using for crawling i would still recommend weighting the wheels tho 

sounds good on either colour there :good:

On 12/02/2021 at 14:09, No brains said:

You won't regret going for beadlocks. I added weight to mine, if you're not going to be going mad with it at least you have the option of running them without adding any, then taking them apart again should you feel the need 👍

• Like 1