• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobao DC1 Owners

17 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

Can somebody with a user manual tell me size of the bearings on the diff locker please? Mine were seized solid and had to be but off. I measured them at 8x12x4 but that size doesn't seem to exist.

Never mind, found it! It's 8x12x3.5

1 hour ago, Stormbringer said:

Have you gone back to the stock bumper ?

Looks really at home in the mud :good:

I have, I think it looks more scale than the rc4wd one. Still need to fit the winch.

I stripped the front axle apart today, EVERY bearing needs replacing! I just can't seem to keep it out of the water 😂 To be fair, this is the first maintenance I've done since building it.

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

I learnt the hard way with water and crawlers on my FS scx, ruined all bearings  so my dc1 has not been in water will be a good buy for some one

I've never bought an RC with the intention of keeping it clean, other than the Strada I guess. Bash em, break em, fix em and repeat 👍

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

I've never bought an RC with the intention of keeping it clean, other than the Strada I guess. Bash em, break em, fix em and repeat 👍

Same!  No way I’m spending good money on a toy to baby it 👍

• Like 1

6 hours ago, everclear1984 said:

Can somebody with a user manual tell me size of the bearings on the diff locker please? Mine were seized solid and had to be but off. I measured them at 8x12x4 but that size doesn't seem to exist.

8x12x3.5

Capture.JPG.c5a6ee8658ab3c53d923921ee0bb6ef8.JPG

Assuming this is what you are looking for ☺️

Edit.....

Balls, sorry didn't see that you'd found it!

Edited by MrPeaski
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Redback said:

Or rather than baby it, you could fill the axles with marine grease and never worry. 🙂

That's what I'll be doing this time. I only had bike grease available at the time of building it.

How bad are the bearing like all seized? Do you wash your trucks after a mud bath? Do you put a drop of oil or corrosion x on the bearings after a wash? Even if you dont run them in the water, just on wet grass water gets in the hub bearings easily.
I also use Abby gun grease and it seems to do just as good as marine grease. My crawlers has never had a bearing fail / seize, either im doing things right or not running them hard enough 😛

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Redback said:

How bad are the bearing like all seized? Do you wash your trucks after a mud bath? Do you put a drop of oil or corrosion x on the bearings after a wash? Even if you dont run them in the water, just on wet grass water gets in the hub bearings easily.
I also use Abby gun grease and it seems to do just as good as marine grease. My crawlers has never had a bearing fail / seize, either im doing things right or not running them hard enough 😛

None were seized solid, though some had failed and were only being held together while they had pressure on them lol. I rinse it with clean water and dry it after every muddy session, and I occasionally apply oil to any accessible bearings. It's been through thick mud and disgusting water more times than I can count, I think a year between bearing changes is perfectly acceptable 🙂

• Like 3

3 hours ago, everclear1984 said:

None were seized solid, though some had failed and were only being held together while they had pressure on them lol. I rinse it with clean water and dry it after every muddy session, and I occasionally apply oil to any accessible bearings. It's been through thick mud and disgusting water more times than I can count, I think a year between bearing changes is perfectly acceptable 🙂

Oh for sure, for some reason i thought this truck was basically new 🙃

I like to dunk them too 😬 GT85 is a few quid a can and a cheap investment post rinse off, I've been putting RC bearings rubber shielded in as replacements. I do add a little machine oil now and then too. My favourite combo seems to be red n tacky grease and Schumacher/Xtralube during build and GT85 after a run.

Edited by Shergar
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

How long did the resisting last then :rofl:

It stayed (mostly) dry today. I still need to strip and service the rear axle and it'd be nice if it wasn't full of gunk when I eventually get around to it 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I bet that water was so very tempting, cant believe my DC1 not sold, i dont really want to sell it but i want a multiplex Funray more and that is an expensive sport glider!

I think i need to strip and grease the axles on the carisma ford, that does go in water as no bearings to rust 

• Haha 1