• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Arrma Kraton EXB owners

8 hours ago, Guns said:

Had an amazing few months at work to be fair. I dont drink or smoke or really do much else so 🙂

So you're saying if I give up all these things then I too, can buy an XMaxx.....

**checks with the missus**

YOU LIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Guns said:

Here we go 👀😂

I’ll be honest it wasn’t something I was going to get  I did look into but decided not too then yesterday a real sweet deal presented itself. 

Ive had a go of one and have to say there rather impressive but the one I used was modified so maybe that’s why 🤷🏻‍♂️  

Ive got a motor and esc sat here probably not the best choice but it will get it moving for now all I really need to buy is a couple of pinions and a servo. 

This said keep an eye on the sales section 😂😂👍

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Callyakn said:

Just thought I’d gauge interest, for possibly selling my Kraton EXB?! Used 5 times?!? Moved into our new home 5 weeks ago, and just not had time to use it. Obviously, will send detailed pictures, spec etc to any potential buyers...

Please keep all sale stuff in the sales forum.......

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Guns said:

How are people getting on running an 8th scale set up in these? Say a Max 8/2200kv? Just to make it more useable? It seems a shame to sell this for an inferior model such as a Rustler VXL

Thanks

I have always had 8th scale motors in mine (V3 with basically all the mods), and pretty sure mine is heavier than a stock EXB. Still goes like a rocket when geared appropriately.

The stock motor KV is about right (2000kv) for me. Any higher and you end up with a stupid tiny pinion. Some people like to go down to about 1700KV with a longer can (e.g. 4092) but I found that to get the speed right it had to be geared a little tall, and I couldn't get the performance/heat balance right. 1800KV is a nice spot to be in but I'm at 1950KV with gearing options between 14-17T now and very happy.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Guns said:

Ahh so need a lower kv motor than the 2200kv ideally? Hmm

No, don't need it, the 2200kv Hobbywing motors are very good, but I personally was far more comfortable with a lower KV.

The centre diff has a hefty spur on it, so you can get away with higher KV for sure, but If I was just buying a motor, and not a combo, then I would look towards 1800-2000kv.

As always in these things, YMMV.

I have a fake castle 1800KV you can borrow to try out if you like?

Edited by Paul Busby

10 minutes ago, Paul Busby said:

No, don't need it, the 2200kv Hobbywing motors are very good, but I personally was far more comfortable with a lower KV.

The centre diff has a hefty spur on it, so you can get away with higher KV for sure, but If I was just buying a motor, and not a combo, then I would look towards 1800-2000kv.

As always in these things, YMMV.

I have a fake castle 1800KV you can borrow to try out if you like?

Theres a thought! Can you still get them fake Castles?!

Doesnt have to be a combo, BUT struggling to find a motor as good as the HW 2200kv one for £50

Edited by Guns

22 minutes ago, Guns said:

Theres a thought! Can you still get them fake Castles?!

Doesnt have to be a combo, BUT struggling to find a motor as good as the HW 2200kv one for £50

I got this a couple of years ago now, so I think they're possibly getting a little sparse. It's pretty decent motor, or it was last time I used it anyway 🙂

So you still have the Max6 in there?

This is a pretty decent option for the price point you're looking at:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001458735105.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.18.39901549rdg3lM

I had the 1720kv option and was not a fan, but so many other people rave about them I think I must have just got a duff one... that's often the gamble with common chinesium.

Well, i have the Rocket 1650 can in the cupboard, neighbour is running one in his Kraton v4 too. 

I personally think it's a great motor, hasn't let us down yet. But, being chinese, i guess chances for duds are higher compared to HW stuff.

Edited by m4inbrain
  • Haha 1

Ive got a 1650kv HW 4985 in it. But no esc as I put that in my X Maxx. 

I can buy another Max 6, sell the motor and buy something else. Or just buy a Max 8/2200kv combo. I just think the motor is too much for this IMO

8 minutes ago, Guns said:

Ive got a 1650kv HW 4985 in it. But no esc as I put that in my X Maxx. 

I can buy another Max 6, sell the motor and buy something else. Or just buy a Max 8/2200kv combo. I just think the motor is too much for this IMO

Well I have a spare max 6 (unsed, but I would like to keep it) and a "castle" 1518 that you're welcome to try out and then send back to me... or I guess you could keep the Max and buy me a replacement... up to you, just give me a shout if you wanna try. Could possibly part with the motor if you really like it, but it was earmarked for the ET48 2.0.

33 minutes ago, Paul Busby said:

You have already tweaked the Kraton quite a bit so I would go the approach of getting that going rather than starting on a new platform.

I just want it to hoon with my Mrs Rustler 4x4. 40mph ish would be fine and less brutal power delivery

6 minutes ago, Guns said:

I just want it to hoon with my Mrs Rustler 4x4. 40mph ish would be fine and less brutal power delivery

.. run it on 4s? 

37 minutes ago, Guns said:

Just tone it down I really dont see the fascination with over powering these 1/8th rigs it simply causes them to eat themselves 

For what you want get a 2000kv motor of eBay and run 4s 👍

• Like 1

6 hours ago, m4inbrain said:

I personally think it's a great motor, hasn't let us down yet. But, being chinese, i guess chances for duds are higher compared to HW stuff.

Where do you think the HW stuff comes from..?? 🤔🤣

• Haha 1

This guy....

When you get a guy who comes from a background of engineering sports bikes who puts his energy into RC... you get this. Outrageous!

Have to say all my Scorched parts... parts... have been incredible.

• Thanks 1