• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Arrma Kraton EXB owners

34 minutes ago, Tony said:

MIP is the highest quality and strong. Pay cheap. buy twice.

i live by that rule, but being a tradesmen myself, I’ve seen how brands use their name to charge a hell of a lot, yes no doubt the mip is the best you can buy, but I shall be a cheapskate and try a set at £23 to see what I think of them 

36 minutes ago, Callyakn said:

i live by that rule, but being a tradesmen myself, I’ve seen how brands use their name to charge a hell of a lot, yes no doubt the mip is the best you can buy, but I shall be a cheapskate and try a set at £23 to see what I think of them 

Which set?

There are other brands that are good, but there are a lot that aren't.

Hudy = Very Good

EDS = Pretty Good

Arrowmax = Not great (lucky if you get 6 months before they round)

33 minutes ago, Paul Busby said:

Which set?

There are other brands that are good, but there are a lot that aren't.

Hudy = Very Good

EDS = Pretty Good

Arrowmax = Not great (lucky if you get 6 months before they round)

unfortunately arrowmax, typical 😂 ah well. 

47 minutes ago, Guns said:

I thought Arrowmax/EDS were the same just branded differently?

I had a set of Arrowmax bits (all but one are now useless), but only a single EDS driver(still ok). They certainly could just be rebrands, but that would tell me that the quality is inconsistent.

My team associated bit seems to be doing ok, but TBH the only ones I would buy other than MIP are Hudy.

Expensive outlay, but in the long run these tools end up being much cheaper. I'm far too broke for cheap tools 😁

Edited by Paul Busby

34 minutes ago, Paul Busby said:

My team associated bit seems to be doing ok, but TBH the only ones I would buy other than MIP are Hudy.

My wife got me the "speed hexes" or whatever they're called, the ones for power tools. MIPs, i mean, that triple set.

I'm honestly quite shocked how tight they fit into bolts. Definitely worth the money, though "screwing at a bit of an angle" isn't gonna happen anymore now.

Haha I bought some Draper professional bits from my local tool shop in there clearance bin about 3 years ago  for something like 80p each and there still as good as the day I bought them.  

Mip are a decent tool but sadly extremely over priced like anything RC  related  the price takes a huge markup 

Dont think for one minute you can’t break or round the heads off the MIP bits plenty of folks have and there lifetime Guarantee only applies stateside unless you contact them direct and even then apparently it’s a PITA to sort out. 

Ive only ever borrowed one here and there but not something I’d invest almost £40 time you add shipping

10 minutes ago, Callyakn said:

So, diff oils... chap on YouTube uses 50k front, 200k centre and 20k rear... 

I stayed stock - 10k 100k 10k

10 minutes ago, Callyakn said:

Also, are we all shimming the diffs to stop them exploding like some on YouTube or what?? 

That's for the batch #1 - if you got it recently (after 10th Dec) then you have 2nd batch so you're fine.

1 hour ago, Callyakn said:

We are Marttiini fanboys in our household 

Not fans per se, but certainly good knives. Just wanted a folded Gyuto knife next to my Zwillings. 

1 hour ago, Callyakn said:

thoughts?? Also, are we all shimming the diffs to stop them exploding like some on YouTube or what?? 

Every RC potentially needs diff-shimming, on RTRs as well as on the EXB. Most of the 2nd batch i've seen looked fine to me, but that doesn't mean that your particular truck is, too. You have to take the diffs out anyway (fill them properly) - just check for play, if they do need shimming, there should be shims included. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tony said:

I stayed stock - 10k 100k 10k

That's for the batch #1 - if you got it recently (after 10th Dec) then you have 2nd batch so you're fine.

what if it was stock from pre December 10th haha, presume when it arrives, just an easy check of movement in the diffs will tell me if they need shimming or not