• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Element RC Gatekeeper Thread

Redback

Just now, CarlC said:

@Oh How Original That's a result. Was pretty sure a person of your experience wouldn't have broken it by misuse (or at least admitted it).

Nope, definitely not.

If I had a 4000kv basher combo in it running on 3s for a couple of months, then yeah I'd put it down to me, but a low geared 2300kv crawler specific combo having had two runs of 1500mAh run times... No definitely not me to blame.

My warranty replacement Gatekeeper cage and assorted parts arrived today and they have confirmed, for whatever reason, the cage can only be bought as a complete unit.

Also put the Gatekeeper on some quite small 2.2s, because I had the rims spare, I actually quite like the look, not sure how good these cheap tyres will grip, perhaps need to find some a similar size that are better rubber.

141341288-1286117008427306-6984363261235

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

As the gatekeeper doesnt have a slipper and small dp spiral cut diff pinions and spurs the weak point is the diffs, I modified the transmission slightly with a 40t axial spur and some slipper gaskets on the stock enduro spur plates, shaved the back one down a bit as it was binding on the pinion.
Is now rapidly quick on 2s and slipper slips nicely when expected, hold the truck down it will slip anyother time it bites.
IMG_20210222_044627.thumb.jpg.9be01a0999caaa456de5afa3d7f2f17e.jpg

Also cut down the spare battery tray to hold a 2nd 3s lipo battery just to power the insanely strong servo needed to shift the ifs kit with deep dish wheels.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
59 minutes ago, Redback said:

"Ele" is back on the bench getting some much needed fixes for the wonky IFS.
IMAG1862.thumb.jpg.48777583e4fbdff5f47cc1d32163f0d7.jpg

Great quality products from bowhouse, should make a big diffrence, cant wait to test em out.

IMAG1863.thumb.jpg.f2cdfc00f6d1915a3c9020853ec2895b.jpg

Nice! I didn’t realise there was a thread on the Gatekeeper I have the kit to build so I’ll have read through 👍

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Redback said:

Awesome, looking forward to seeing it! What wheels you going for, narrow or deep dishies?

I’ve got a couple of spare sets of  ya standard 1.9 wheels  to try but I’recon  I’ll end up with a set of the deep dishes  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/12/2021 at 18:25, Redback said:

Awesome, looking forward to seeing it! What wheels you going for, narrow or deep dishies?

Quick question for ya mate, I have a set of deep dishies coming. Is that enough extra width or should I buy extenders as well ? 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

When would you use that , side hilling ?

Really good explanation here, mainly for uphills, ledges, might help with side hilling a bit, but as noted in the video, its situational. Looking forward to testing it out more.

• Like 1