• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Arrma Senton 3S BLX owners

Yes not cheap body but much more robust than the granite. My OH just got a second hand granite 4x4 today, and the body look a lot lighter to start with.

Still make sure you screen tape and shoegoo (or equivalent) the inside of the body

Yes not cheap body but much more robust than the granite. My OH just got a second hand granite 4x4 today, and the body look a lot lighter to start with.

Still make sure you screen tape and shoegoo (or equivalent) the inside of the body

Yeah we also glue pieces of sponge to the top of each shock tower as these punch through the body if it lands on its head.
Makes a huge difference on the granite.

Bash, Break, Build, Repeat...
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Ollykamakazi said:

Scorched Parts Mud Guards
So pleased with this bit of kit.
Thanks for the link!!
Worth every penny.
Also good to know they fit perfectly even with 1/8 buggy wheels fitted. cd04d38b6285ac2e368d0cd8163cd65c.jpg26a6fb177bf4a941409e4d0c1fb2869a.jpg

Nice one!! I haven't tried mine yet.... I was waiting for another body because my original one has scrim tap and sealant inside making the fit a lot more technical.... to the point I may not have enough material left on the body post....

Finishing work the year today so will make the last mod to get out and about tomorrow more likely..   can't wait

PS... your rig could definitely use some cleaning by the look of it lol

That is not too bad indeed! Weather was rubbish for me today so didn't go out. Trip to the skatepark tomorrow for sure .

This is mine ready IMG20201218172356.thumb.jpg.ec5dc58e974ee2c26256128bc423fdd0.jpg

I have taped a little bit because I needed up a little bit my profiling cut on the fenders....

I also made a mod on the front because I felt it was still too openIMG20201218172404.thumb.jpg.db772455804c77967851ac0d08500a67.jpg

I have placed half of the usual mudguards with cutting a bit more the fenders to fit them. Then I used a plastic shim to cover the gap over the tower. Held by velcro.

I am also trialling axle mud guards seen on make it build it for the senton. Fitted on the rear axle with so far cable tie to keep them in place. Don't have a pic at the moment. Will do one prob tomorrow after my run

Can't wait to get bashing again!!!

• Like 1

Skate park sesh this morning, car felt pretty good until I finish breaking my front bumper... And my axle mud guards fell off, cable ties broke. 

But the fenders did wellIMG20201219103907.thumb.jpg.e8a6eb046d54431112b590e86801351a.jpg

Kept inside pretty clean

• Like 1

Here’s a tip for saving the Senton and granite shells.
It’s usually the shock towers that punch the body when it rolls over or lands on its head.
Simple sponge and a dot of glue cushions the impact dramatically. May not be pretty but very effective, even better when using shoe goo n tape as well. f43f7939de3f61d9495e62a2aba38cfb.jpg

• Like 1

"seasonal upgrade"... I can see myself using that one as an excuse :lol: 

My Senton hasn't been out for quite some time, awaiting some driveshaft parts, actually managed to break something last time out.

Interestingly, my shell has lasted very well and if you check my video it's had some hard impacts.

I did get an early one though, maybe they were thicker?

Food for thought, but destroyed my Pro-line body first run.

• Like 1