• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Returning to RC buggies

M1977

So, after a good couple of decades, I've just got back into 1/10th electric buggies. I'll be showing my age when I say my first ever RC car was a Tamiya Striker! I always had 2WD cars, but thought I'd try a budget 4WD buggy this time round. I opted for the Hobbytech BXR S1 RTR, as it was £250 and seemed to be better spec  than some other budget 4WDs. My plan it just to bash around with it for a bit and then see if I have even the minimum level of scale to take part in some club racing. I'll probably bore everyone to tears asking for advice, as things have changed so much since I last had a buggy!

Cheers

Hey, welcome to the forum. 👍

Nice choice of buggy you went for there.  I think I want to get something similar when I upgrade to my next model.

I'm interested to know what sort of speed this can do running a 3s or 4s lipo? 

On 19/09/2020 at 19:25, Stormbringer said:

Hi and welcome to the forum 🍻

On 20/09/2020 at 13:46, Yrkoon said:

welcome and have fun with your new car  :)

Thanks very much - I think I have a lot to learn (and re learn) having been away from it all since my teens.

1 minute ago, James RC said:

Hey, welcome to the forum. 👍

Nice choice of buggy you went for there.  I think I want to get something similar when I upgrade to my next model.

I'm interested to know what sort of speed this can do running a 3s or 4s lipo? 

This is something I'll need to find out. TBH, I need to learn a lot more about modern batteries. I'm currently using 2200MaH 2S 25C and 4000MaH 2S 40C LiPos (it was all NiCads the last time I looked!) and need to get to grips with differences between 2S, 3S, etc.

Cheers