• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Maverick Quantum Flux MT XT & XT Plus *page 9

tomr

25 minutes ago, Zombi said:

My Yeti and my boy’s Maverick 

70B909D6-AE4F-4EE2-B690-2E8E8F9345DF.jpeg

The yeti still going strong then. I followed your build on it and inspired me to build one. With got me in to rock crawlers 

• Like 2

Yeah certainly is, and sees a fair bit of usage too. The RX8 went a bit weird on me recently and I had to replace it, and then the sensor cable went, but other than general maintenance (replacing bearings, broken rod ends etc.) it’s been solid really.  

• Like 1

Anyone had any luck with street tyres on their Quantums. I'm loving mine but wouldn't mind a set of chunky street tyres for blasting around on the front.

Had a look at those Roapex Trigger wheel and tyre sets or the Duratrax Banditos and am leaning on those. Just want something reasonably priced so I'm not wearing the off road tyres out hooning on tarmac

Edited by BaldyMan

• 4 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, filiplondon said:

Hello from London! It's been around 2 months since purchased MT Flux. Love it so far! Managed to drain about 50 battery packs and no major problems, replaced front lower arms to Metsafil, oil in shocks to 500 ( front) and 1000 ( rear).  Quantum+ springs (9 coils), M5 washers. Lovely little car! Have a great weekend! 

mav dslr.jpg

mavdslr2.jpg

Excellent videos and pictures mate!

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, filiplondon said:

Hello from London! It's been around 2 months since purchased MT Flux. Love it so far! Managed to drain about 50 battery packs and no major problems, replaced front lower arms to Metsafil, oil in shocks to 500 ( front) and 1000 ( rear).  Quantum+ springs (9 coils), M5 washers. Lovely little car! Have a great weekend! 

mav dslr.jpg

mavdslr2.jpg

Nice one mate, i bought the 80amp HD upgrade model but though its a great truck i should not of got it as i just not got room to store it, so put it in the for sales section, some one will get a great buy

• Like 1

10 hours ago, filiplondon said:

mav dslr.jpg

mavdslr2.jpg

looking at them pictures, your car looks like a micro one 😄 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

Seeing as no one is interested in buying my as new maverick I decided to keep it hope to give it a run in the woods on Friday along with a few crawlers

Hope it gives you the bashing bug 👍 Should be great fun in the woods especially as it’s the HD model 💪

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

Seeing as no one is interested in buying my as new maverick I decided to keep it hope to give it a run in the woods on Friday along with a few crawlers

Have fun with it mate :good:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 24/07/2021 at 12:05, filiplondon said:

mav dslr.jpg

mavdslr2.jpg

Awesome shots! Looks a mint place to bash about as well!

• Like 1

On 28/07/2021 at 07:55, Jack Reacher said:

Aww that's a shame! It's a great fun little car though. Not have a niece or nephew that would like it? 😄 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seminole81 said:

Aww that's a shame! It's a great fun little car though. Not have a niece or nephew that would like it? 😄 

TBH it's pointless keeping it as I'm not running this type of car, but I'm not prepared to sell a car that has had less than a full pack through it for next to nowt

On 04/08/2021 at 12:13, Seminole81 said:

Awesome shots! Looks a mint place to bash about as well!

Thank you, yes haha! I bet you are referring to BMX track, the truth is that tarmac is not very friendly 😛  My Quantum is bottoming plenty there(despite 9 coil springs from the ''plus'' and 1000cst oil in rear shocks). 

28 minutes ago, filiplondon said:

rc2.jpg

Haha, I just saw your post on Facebook. 3s now 😄 Great photo. What camera you using? 🙂 

Yes, the BMX track. No, but it's much better than my big empty fields 😄 my son is getting bored I think. Need to find some place to bash properly with some jumps now I think.

Edited by Seminole81

17 hours ago, Seminole81 said:

Haha, I just saw your post on Facebook. 3s now 😄 Great photo. What camera you using? 🙂 

Yes, the BMX track. No, but it's much better than my big empty fields 😄 my son is getting bored I think. Need to find some place to bash properly with some jumps now I think.

Haha yeah, full power! 😛 Thanks! Taken with my old good D850 and cheapo plastic fantastic 85mm 1.8( which is great btw!)

• Like 1

Been away for ages, lol - missed loads

Was using my car recently and noticed that the front wheels were spinning like mad, but the rear ones were gripping quite well. It was on grass, which I understand would contribute to the lack of traction, but the car was impossible to drive straight at full throttle.

Also, one of my wheels seems intent on constantly undoing itself, so getting some threadlock for that, but does anyone have any idea how to fix the wheelspin?

Thanks