• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

monster tracker 2 overheating

Yrkoon

heya, dads kyosho monster tracker 2.0 that he bought a few months ago is been a real headache.

out the box on the stock nimh it was overheating the motor a fair bit and if you let go of the throttle instead of free rolling it was like it had mild brakes on.... and would just stop, it has destroyed the stock motor so i gave dad a decent 21 turn motor and new brushes and it is heating up so much the wires on the brushed motor are coming loose because the solder is melting.....

it doesnt free wheel either when all turned off, dad had a look inside the diff and actually cannot see any thing wrong with it, i asked if i can take the nippy thing apart when im bored next to see if i can see any thing and he says aye hence this thread  :)

really no idea what is wrong with it or if these trackers are just like this, for all i know maybe theres a dodgy bushing causing a lot of resistance or something any ideas guys an lassies?

pity about this as it is a fun truck apart from this one issue, untill this is sorted im taking the decent motor out and putting a spare tamiya 540 silver can in it :(

edit: it is not a patch on the original kyosho tracker that i used to have https://www.rcscrapyard.net/kyosho-tracker.htm

Edited by Yrkoon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack Reacher said:

work your way through it, make sure no wheels are binding, so pop the motor out and check its all free running on the axles, and watch out using the 540 motor, i tried that in an outlaw and it did not last long at all

yeh thats the plan m8,  it had a 550 motor as stock, not gonna let it wreck a decent 540 so gonna put a spare 27 turn silver can in it while im trying to work out what is wrong with it, dad is on the end of his tether with this thing, i am so glad i bought a triton instead of one lol

dad is wishing he bought a lunch box instead  :P

edit : the original tracker was so good but this thing is a joke lol

Edited by Yrkoon