• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Flysky gt3c transmitter anyone using 1 on RC car

Richbogle

Hey folks, following on from my post the other day I'm thinking of going for a pistol transmitter to see how I like it or the RC buggy.  I'm currently a stick type guy as not long got bk in2 the hobby and still using my stick transmitter from 25 year ago 🤦‍♂️ the flysky transmitter looks OK, jst wondered if anyone using one. Cheers

Got a GT3B, nice radio. Usually a Spekky guy, but this came with a car I bought and I've just carried on using it. Does what I need it to, and the Rx are a fraction of the cost of Spekky Rx. 

• Like 1

I use a 3c, nice radio, bit complicated when you first get it but once you get the hang of its operations  you will be fine, spare rx are cheap at about £5 each  and the multi model ability is great, i Have all my models on the 1, the only niggle i have and its really not a biggie is the foam on the steerwheel slides back and sits there but i dont think its a deal breaker in any way, knowing about that now i would still have bought it

• Like 1

I really like mine, got most of my cars bound to it, only isue I've had to date (which is quite common it seems, particularly on older units) is the scroll /selector button failed, but at easy/cheap fix so no biggie.  I'd certainly recommend one if you don't want to fork out for a Futaba/FS-GT5 etc etc.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, bertberr said:

I really like mine, got most of my cars bound to it, only isue I've had to date (which is quite common it seems, particularly on older units) is the scroll /selector button failed, but at easy/cheap fix so no biggie.  I'd certainly recommend one if you don't want to fork out for a Futaba/FS-GT5 etc etc.

Thanx again everyone for your help, such a helpful forum this is 👍 brilliant. Do have a question tho, what is the main difference between the likes of the flysky over a more expensive transmitter like the 1 you have mentioned? I mean, all u need for a car or buggy is forward back and left right lol forgive me I'm not being disrespectful in anyway jst learning 😊 thanx folks

Well, that's a very good question.  Normally you'd say a more expensive digital radio gets you far more adjustments, like end points, expo etc etc, but TBH the GT3 has these too, as well as the model memory.  I'm not a racer, so these features are more than enough for me.  A more expensive and/or better featured radio, such as Futaba, Sanwa, KO Propo, will also give you, to a certain degree, better quality, faster response rates, better range, even more adjustability, and... not forgetting,  better bragging rights down at your local track.

If you're just bashing, and have or plan to have multiple models, then a GT3 either a B or C is a great option IMO.

• Like 1

I was a stick and have been loving the gt3c(hacked of course). It took little time to covert after my dark age away from rc. 

the latency is something I’ve noticed on my models when I’m at the beach and the truck is at a fair distance but not enough to get me to fork out the cost of a handset and replacing 15 receivers ranging from 3ch to 8ch.

I’m not sure if there is anything even remotely comparable or close to the hacked one in feature set vs price. It’s not the best of devices but it’s does the job and very well for all it costs. 

It’s a custom firmware that gives you 64 model memory, up to 8 channels, button mapping, esc dig, 4ws with crab and other stuff I can’t remember. 

Rich? All that good info on stix we talked about and you've gone behind my back and two timed me for a wheel?

I feel used.........

[emoji38]

Sent from my MIX2 using Tapatalk

• Haha 3

The hack is pretty easy, and the 8 channels is handy for additional accessories, like winches, lights, dig etc.

5 hours ago, namastebuzz said:

Rich? All that good info on stix we talked about and you've gone behind my back and two timed me for a wheel?

I feel used.........

emoji38.png

🤣🤣🤣 I know mate sorry 😂😂 I am a stick man as old school but I am thinkn about getting a pistol now to try it, update myself to 2020 you know what I'm sayn lol still not ordered 1 tho haha I'm on the fence 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Ha ha! Yeah I've got two FS GT3-Cs and they're great. Have them set up for four different 8th Scale trucks and three 10th Scale trucks/buggies.

Aerials are a bit flimsy and springs in the wheel can break but they're easy to fix and there's heaps of knowledge on the Web. The rechargeable battery on the GT3-C gives it the edge over the GT3-B IMO.

I'm sure you'll manage either way but you'll miss them stix!

15 minutes ago, namastebuzz said:

Ha ha! Yeah I've got two FS GT3-Cs and they're great. Have them set up for four different 8th Scale trucks and three 10th Scale trucks/buggies.

Aerials are a bit flimsy and springs in the wheel can break but they're easy to fix and there's heaps of knowledge on the Web. The rechargeable battery on the GT3-C gives it the edge over the GT3-B IMO.

I'm sure you'll manage either way but you'll miss them stix!

Aww reading ur post there was going so well till u said you will miss they posts! 🙄🙄😂😂😂😂 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, namastebuzz said:
Aerials are a bit flimsy

Yup, I’ve replaced mine once and strangely have a few feet more range now. It was an antenna for a different flysky model so that might be why.

It’s a fairly easily repairable bit of kit though which is a bonus. 

And a few mods on thingiverse too if 3d printing is in your toolbox. 

Well guys I got my transmitter delivered and setup. And wow... Gona take abit of getting used to as I almost killed my cat and broke my ankle! Serves me right for farting around with it in house.... 
[emoji38]

Always good to set the Tx up with the car on a stand and the wheels off.