• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Motor doesnt work properly

RC Marty

Hi,

My Etronix 2950kv brushless motor doesn't work properly when running forwards. It turns but when you let go of accelerate it immediately stops with a forceful motion, rather than spin freely and come to a stop. Reverse works fine. But when I test forwards it's not responding correctly the speed goes from zero to full speed and when you stop the force of the stop then sends the car rolling backwards. Any idea what's going on?

I recently changed the ESC as that fried. Also had to change the spur gear as it got damaged due to trapped grit.  I've recalibrated the ESC but somethings up as the motor doesnt respond properly to forward input. I'm new to RC and dont have any further ideas as to what's up. I hope the motors not broken in some way any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

Marty

Yes. A number of times strangely reverse behaves normally, throttle on and then off and the motor spins until it stops. Do the same in forward and it has no gauge of speed it just seems to be either full power or off. but once you release the throttle it wont spin out it stops as though the brakes are on. 

I've even hooked it up to a program card and set and reset all parameters which had no affect. I'm stumped.

Edited by RC Marty