• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Lockdown Home gym

Kpowell911

Great set up. 👍 

I've always worked out at home mainly using dumbbells and a barbell/s (straight bar & an EZ curl bar) but also had some other kit that I sold on last year (incline bench, preacher curl set up etc).

Not lifting serious weight at all though and now I only have the dumbbells and barbells to use with minimal weights available. I occasionally watch Athlean X on YouTube to try to get tips for maximizing my usage with what I have. Have you seen them at all?

Your username makes more sense to me now, ...always thought you enjoyed shooting like I do from time to time but I'm guessing you meant different guns. 🤔 😆 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, GMballistic said:

Great set up. 👍 

I've always worked out at home mainly using dumbbells and a barbell/s (straight bar & an EZ curl bar) but also had some other kit that I sold on last year (incline bench, preacher curl set up etc).

Not lifting serious weight at all though and now I only have the dumbbells and barbells to use with minimal weights available. I occasionally watch Athlean X on YouTube to try to get tips for maximizing my usage with what I have. Have you seen them at all?

Your username makes more sense to me now, ...always thought you enjoyed shooting like I do from time to time but I'm guessing you meant different guns. 🤔 😆 

He means his 42" pythons brother!

5 times Hulk Hogan refused to lose a match

Gym looks awesome man, quite an incredible turnaround from how it started to how it looks now.

Nice of that bloke to hook you up with some stuff too, weird to think if you hadn't gone to that shop at that exact time you might never have even met him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, GMballistic said:

Great set up. 👍 

I honstly suggest picking up some decent resistance bands, dunno what “weight” you would need but some decent quality light to medium ones. I have a black one which says “heavy” and honestly, I struggle to rep out rows with it. They completely changed how I train, and even now I have this set up, I still use them in every workout 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

He means his 42" pythons brother!

5 times Hulk Hogan refused to lose a match

Gym looks awesome man, quite an incredible turnaround from how it started to how it looks now.

Nice of that bloke to hook you up with some stuff too, weird to think if you hadn't gone to that shop at that exact time you might never have even met him.

Thanks, it just started and escalated really haha

22 minutes ago, Guns said:

I honstly suggest picking up some decent resistance bands, dunno what “weight” you would need but some decent quality light to medium ones. I have a black one which says “heavy” and honestly, I struggle to rep out rows with it. They completely changed how I train, and even now I have this set up, I still use them in every workout 

Thanks that's actually a really good suggestion as I hadn't thought about trying those. 

Can't buy at the moment even though they're fairly cheap as I've been spending way too much lately but definitely going to try those this year. Thanks. 👍

• 5 months later...

WOW! Great, I also already make my home Gym, but you are doing amazing work with complete gym equipments, I have just some barbells, Treadmill, and exercise bike I collected it through Bluefin Fitness coupons, time by time, but most important thing bench still I don't have, I am looking to buy it.  

Edited by melissajeffrey

This looks great.

I setup a home gym as I thought I could just do it at home instead of £45/month (I'm rural so my gym choice was limited to a fancy Spa!). I did this before the whole Covid thing and glad I did as prices are crazy now.

The thing I have a problem with is motivation though, I could go to the gym 4 times a week but I just can't be bothered when all the stuff is at home??? :lol: 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im after a multi gym/weight stack that is less than 1.9m tall, but still has decent weight, but struggling to be honest. Soemthing like this:

https://www.costco.co.uk/Camping-Sports-Spas-Leisure/Fitness-Exercise/Gym-Equipment/Marcy-68kg-150lb-Stack-Home-Gym-System/p/1234840

Also want to get some dumbells, I dont mind paying for the adjustable 40kg ones, but want to try them somehow first? Like these:

https://www.costco.co.uk/Camping-Sports-Spas-Leisure/Fitness-Exercise/Strength-Core-Training/MX-SELECT-MX55-Rapid-Change-Adjustable-Dumbbell-System-with-Rack/p/349938

Or this, but with less incriments and upto maybe 40kg. I only need 5,10,15 etc

https://www.costco.co.uk/Camping-Sports-Spas-Leisure/Fitness-Exercise/Strength-Core-Training/Marcy-Rubber-Hex-16-Set-Dumbbell-with-2-Racks-Total-Dumbbell-Weight-335kg/p/320122

Edited by Guns
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

I'm CK from Malaysia. Really nice home gym setup!

I started setting up my home gym back in 2017 after I moved to a new place. Initially wanted to save membership fee and time to travel to gym, so invested some money on some dumbbells, a bench and pull up bar. Never expected the pandemic in 2020, and this proven the best decision I made since 2017. Upgraded my gym with the rack for squat and chest press. It was so boring staying at home so started make some workout vlog.

Just few days ago, found a used Adidas performance home (which is a multipurpose gym station) for half price from the original price. Waiting the delivery tomorrow.

Many gym clubs closed down and I could see many used gym machines, weight plates, bars, dumbbells are on sell. Best time ever to setup home gym!

Edited by cklim
  • Like 2

Thanks @GMballistic
Glad to see the growing of home gym community!

Just got the used multipurpose home gym machine! Really happy with the purchase. Is was a good deal. Although some tear and wear and dust, but it looks almost as good as new after some cleaning.

Recommend to source for a used gym equipment instead buying new one! 

Edited by cklim
  • Like 1