• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Servo recommendations

The Trooper

Hi guys,

I've been out for a few years now so my knowledge is a little foggy.

I'm looking for servos for my 1/8 buggy and wondering which ones to get, nothing too expensive please 😅.

I've been looking at Hobbyking Servos, seem to have good reviews but are they worth it?

Thanks all.

The absolute best servo for £20 is the Jx Ecoboost. I've tried basically all the cheapos out there cos I'm tight on cash lol. This is the best by a country mile. Tonnes of torque and speed

https://banggood.app.link/m3YO09mkP7

Shipping will take a couple of weeks but you can't beat it.

Edited by fnknan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, fnknan said:

The absolute best servo for £20 is the Jx Ecoboost. I've tried basically all the cheapos out there cos I'm tight on cash lol. This is the best by a country mile. Tonnes of torque and speed

https://banggood.app.link/m3YO09mkP7

Shipping will take a couple of weeks but you can't beat it.

Oh, I do like a dark horse 😂

• Like 1

i have tested the JX Ecoboost CLS6327HV and CLS6336HV and the 36kg version was about the same strength as the the 20kg power HD in terms of torque. The 27kg version was about the same as the savox 0231MG. Not worked out a good way to test the speed yet though. 

Edited by Jumper

1 minute ago, tomzac66 said:

I’ve got the Savox 0231wp in one & the eco boost HV set on HV in the other they both perform really well & just a £10 between them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah, all the servos mentioned are good. The savox and the powerhd have both had stripped gears, but i've also had them a lot longer.   in a buggy i think the extra speed of the savox or 21kg ecoboost would make it better than the power hd. 

The power hd is really powerful, but its noticeably slower the the lower torque servos.  

11 hours ago, BashingBrian said:

can also confirm these are great servos for the money i have a handful of them and for the cost you really can't get better!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BashingBrian said:

1 hour ago, iRiCkYx said:

can also confirm these are great servos for the money i have a handful of them and for the cost you really can't get better!

They better be guys, I've ordered 2. There used to be a time I'd turn my nose up at anything not Savox, Rhino or Hitec 🤣 Not this time though, cheap and cheerful!

14 minutes ago, The Trooper said:

They better be guys, I've ordered 2. There used to be a time I'd turn my nose up at anything not Savox, Rhino or Hitec 🤣 Not this time though, cheap and cheerful!

i was the same only ever used to run Savox until took a chance on one and doubt i will ever go back.

Great performance for little cost just what we like! 😎

• Like 1

There all over eBay, You can get them from UK if you don't mind paying a few quid extra, I have a few, Run one in a Losi Muggy with big old wheels, No brainer at the price.

On 06/07/2020 at 21:27, BashingBrian said:

I have 2 of these one in my 1/8 truggy and one just sitting. Used to have one in my 1/8 buggy but it was too slow. Buggies are agile so they need a fast servo imo. It's just about fast enough for the truggy because it's not as agile. But it still feels slow. 

I think the Ecoboost has spoiled me lol. I won't really settle for any slower in any of my rigs 😂

Edited by fnknan

Thing is, At the moment, It's anyone's guess how long stuff is gonna take to get here from China, Me being as tight as I am would just pay the few extra quid.

Just now, babylon said:

Thing is, At the moment, It's anyone's guess how long stuff is gonna take to get here from China, Me being as tight as I am would just pay the few extra quid.

In the height of the pandemic my Ecoboost came in 2 weeks. I think banggood has their stuff together rn