• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Team Corally Kronos XP 6s

Just now, m4inbrain said:

From ABS, or what are you printing (assuming you print?)?

I did not order the Kronos, but i did order the Dementor, arrives tomorrow. Do you have an example piece for a different RC or something? Price?  

I can print from Polycarbonate or Nylon if you prefer. Just had a delivery of a hardened TPU... but no experience with that one yet so I wouldnt be confident offering it to anyone.

I can alternatively cut them out of kydex/UHMWPE/Nylon

I havent done a mudguard yet, but happy to work with you to get one designed and made and would only charge somewhere around £5-10?

Here are some other parts I have been making. Black is polycarb and grey is nylon. A bumper/mudguard is relatively straight forward in comparison.

20200827_162057.jpg

20200913_174609.jpg

• Like 1

They look pretty good, what are you printing - 0,1?

Price is fine, lets make a set then. I assume you need measurements/pictures, and design-wishes? 

They were 0.2 IIRC, I tried 0.1 and didnt gain anythign for the extra time (IMO).

Yeah exactly.

I had something like this prepped for arrma... but never got round to making them

image.thumb.png.a6b224f4245b8274b99956b8340a9efb.png

I don't know any measures, or how similar the arm/space back there is compared to a Kraton. My neighbour does indeed now have a Kraton since wednesday, i can compare that tomorrow (truck arrives tomorrow). 

Lets not clump up this thread further, i'll PM you. Probably gonna order a set for the Kraton v4 too, i think me neighbour wants mudguards too. 👍

edit: actually going out the front for a vape with neighbour, gonna PM in 10 minutes, then i know.

Edited by m4inbrain
  • Like 1

500k coming tomorrow, so that's going in then.

As a sidenote, for people interested: yes, you still get the "upgrade part offer" with a new Corally. 

I did get the option pack 1 for free straight with the truck - registered the truck and now got the code for the bigger option pack at £35 or something, with a 77% discount, which i'll of course order too.

Big respect from me for that kind of service. Almost makes me forget the stupid name of the truck. :D

edit: just took diff out in preparation for tomorrow. Man, a truck set up for racing (or made by people who race) are convenient to wrench on. Four bolts and the centre diff comes out, less than 2 minutes to get it out and back in again. Awesome.

Edited by m4inbrain
  • Like 2

Well.. 

0nP0QWc.jpg

E18pFVK.jpg

Vu9RGV0.jpg

Kinda disappointing, not going to lie here. This wasn't a big hit, it wasn't concrete either, not even running 6s - did a wheelie, hit a grass mound, bent the truck in half. 

It's hard to convene how soft i went on the truck, it's a new RC so obviously i wasn't thrashing it. I almost wanna say something is wrong with my chassis plate, it bent so easily.

Very disappointed, gonna message Corally and see what they think.

1 minute ago, m4inbrain said:

Well.. 

0nP0QWc.jpg

E18pFVK.jpg

Vu9RGV0.jpg

Kinda disappointing, not going to lie here. This wasn't a big hit, it wasn't concrete either, not even running 6s - did a wheelie, hit a grass mound, bent the truck in half. 

It's hard to convene how soft i went on the truck, it's a new RC so obviously i wasn't thrashing it. I almost wanna say something is wrong with my chassis plate, it bent so easily.

Very disappointed, gonna message Corally and see what they think.

noooooooooooo........!

That sucks!  Maybe Coronavirus weakens plastic? 😯 

1 minute ago, MGone said:

noooooooooooo........!

That sucks!  Maybe Coronavirus weakens plastic? 😯 

Chassis is aluminium. ;)

Not gonna lie, i can't imagine this being right. The Kraton with us had some big hits (was running 6s too), even broke his wing mount straight off - straight as an arrow, his chassis. Ours got babied, ran 4s and never full ham, bent more than i've ever seen an RC bent. 

So disappointed. :(

Chassis is aluminium. ;)

Not gonna lie, i can't imagine this being right. The Kraton with us had some big hits (was running 6s too), even broke his wing mount straight off - straight as an arrow, his chassis. Ours got babied, ran 4s and never full ham, bent more than i've ever seen an RC bent. 

So disappointed. :(

Must be a defect, I mean these are meant to be hit hard or what's the point?  Fingers crossed they do the decent thing! 🤞

• Like 1

Well even without that.. It bent like 30 degrees, a second brace wouldn't have done much. 

Alas, fix it, repeat. Though, by chance, do you know anyone making chassis for Corallies? As in, 7075 maybe, or a mm thicker?

Much appreciated, since i'll need quite a few parts, i'll scavenge through corallies stuff and shoot that guy a message. 

Probably gonna send corally a message too, in regards to 7075 chassis. 

Cheers bud.

• Like 1

mmm I was temted to buy one myself, but this is not  good , I am  happy that I don't bought it,

I hope that corally send you the parts for free and  give you some extra chassis alloy brace as a bonus.

Is the chassis made of cheese never saw something like that happen only from a wheely,  I have a cheap hobbyking Basher nitro circus mt 1/8 scale for years, beat the crap out of that car every time and it never breaks or bend still happy with that car, but when I see this or arrma cars that bend I ask myself what the .... are they doing these cars are not cheap.

Edited by No brains

What he said.

Did take it apart a bit, and i have a pretty good idea as to why the Dementor bent, and the Kronos doesn't. 

For now i would suggest not buying a Dementor, i'll look a bit "deeper" into that but i'm pretty certain there's a huge design flaw in the way they mount the wheelie bar (something that the Kronos doesn't have) to the bottom plate. To be fair, i ran the flimsy braces rather than the upgraded braces that they did give me with the truck - i'm not sure it'd have prevented that, but it certainly would've helped. I'm gonna fix it, it's an RC and it will break regardless of what i do with it so i'm not too bothered - but i will get rid of that wheelie bar and figure out a different solution. I will also give Corally a shout of course, because 100% the reason the truck bent is the wheelie bar, which is evident by the fact that the wheelie bar basically bent the shaft between the wheels on the second wheelie already. The only give in that wheelie bar is through the chassis plate flexing. 

Oh, and i will run chassis braces now, lol.

There's no reason to get defensive btw. 

Just made some socks for the shocks - I use braded tubing - I’ve done it on my other cars but need to get a larger size for shocks on the Kronos. ba5553dd886a0627327f5be0f2b12e1d.jpg

00630e7d9391b082d4b9d06b262ee9b9.jpg
cf8d84b071ab9c7a6437297cdfba00c6.jpg
c5b0c6a4651b81771afd2809f8c24bc4.jpg

The last picture is the tubing. I used the 25mm for this car. It works out quite cheap and has been hard wearing on my other cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...