• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

hobao HyperVs, Kyosho Neo3, Arrma Typhoon 3s or Absima Stroke 4s

Hello i hope everyone is good.

I am trying to make a decision on a new car and could really do with a non bias opinion.

I have a budget of £350.

I already have 3s, 4s, and 6s batteries and charger.

Going to be on short grass most of the time. but the ground is a bit ruff.  (Dartmoor)

I was looking at getting it soon. So out of the ones that are in stock i have rounded it down to 4 Cars. 

hobao HyperVs 100amp   £325

Kyosho Inferno Neo3 VE  £359

Arrma Typhoon 3s.               £319

Absima Stroke 4s.                 £289

Which one is easiest to get parts for as i am bound to brake it.

Please feel free to recommend something. ( just to make the division even harder LOL)  

4 hours ago, PropagationHouse said:

Hello i hope everyone is good.

I am trying to make a decision on a new car and could really do with a non bias opinion.

I have a budget of £350.

I already have 3s, 4s, and 6s batteries and charger.

Going to be on short grass most of the time. but the ground is a bit ruff.  (Dartmoor)

I was looking at getting it soon. So out of the ones that are in stock i have rounded it down to 4 Cars. 

hobao HyperVs 100amp   £325

Kyosho Inferno Neo3 VE  £359

Arrma Typhoon 3s.               £319

Absima Stroke 4s.                 £289

Which one is easiest to get parts for as i am bound to brake it.

Please feel free to recommend something. ( just to make the division even harder LOL)  

In all honesty only 1 there i can comment on which is the VSe the others i have no knowledge off ( i have the 100a version )

the 100A goes well and its cartwheeled a few times with nothing bent or broken tough as old boots lol

as for spares the Hobao prices seem to be cheaper for the most part than other brands imo

None of them, I would buy This, From Germany so no import duty(At the moment), 150Amp 6s Hobbywing , So that's bulletproof, It's a Thunder Tiger, And there bullet proof, 2000KV motor, A spare set of wheels, And a spare set of front and back arms, All for £327 delivered,  Why this is not top of every what RTR 1/8 buggy I have no idea, Just buy it.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by babylon

Out of your choice I’d go for the Hobao they use Hobbywing 100Amp High Performance Waterproof Brushless System, also many parts available in the UK if you break them and they will break no matter what you get.

I’ve had a few parts break from bad landings & cartwheeling repaired while waiting for parts only delayed because of covid.

It’s your choice at the end of the day.

Have a look here the good the bad & the ugly, you don’t have to read all the thread just the latest post & you’ll get some idea.

Hobao Hyper VS(e) Owners Thread

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?share_fid=4338&share_tid=227590&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Emsuk-forum%2Eco%2Euk%2F&share_type=t&link_source=app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Err, Thunder Tiger, It uses the Hobbywing 150 amp 6s ESC 👍, Ripper 2000KV Motor 👍, You get free stuff👍, It's built like a tank👍, It looks great👍, By far the best value for money and then some👍.

And it's not another Hyper VS👍👍

Err, Thunder Tiger, It uses the Hobbywing 150 amp 6s ESC [emoji106], Ripper 2000KV Motor [emoji106], You get free stuff[emoji106], It's built like a tank[emoji106], It looks great[emoji106], By far the best value for money and then some[emoji106].
And it's not another Hyper VS[emoji106][emoji106]. 

Thanks, I’ve just noticed auto spell check wrongly spelt break it preferred brake so I’ve corrected it.

[emoji106]

Hyper VSe everytime.  The TT is a good buy but parts supply has been extremely iffy.

Yes but they throw in a set of arms “ that’s what I call a just in time delivery” you get them before they’re needed.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd have to say the Hyper VS too,   Very Stonk Like bull yet parts are cheap and available,  probably the most available of the 3 thanks to the Ebay chopshops...    Decent on a track,  so a pleasure to drive even if just bashing.     And as a bonus,  Made in the REAL china (Taiwan),  not the place that got taken over by the Dystopian Communist Bandits who lied about and gave us the coofcoof  😛

All round lovely car,  lot of attention to detail EG vibration absorption in the motor mount to prevent excessive wear on the Spur side Center Diff bearings,  and plenty of support available for them community wise too.   Can't go wrong with one really.

Edited by GorillaZilla

On 27/05/2020 at 18:11, tomzac66 said:

Yes but they throw in a set of arms “ that’s what I call a just in time delivery” you get them before they’re needed.

It's a Thunder Tiger, You won't need them.

• Like 1

Also,  whatever you get,  Make sure you Re-inforce your bodyshell with fibreglass Scrim tape and ShoeGoo,    as that takes a beating.

Something Like https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/48mm-x-90M-SCRIM-TAPE-Long-Roll-EU-MADE-Fibreglass-Mesh-Drywall-Plasterboard-UK/113721306108?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649   Will last you for a good several bodyshells, Being actual fibreglass is better,  some Scrim I can easily tear by hand.   That one I got,  and can't.

Edited by GorillaZilla

Also,  according to this thread,  you're best off getting the Desert Buggy version of the Bushmaster,  thicker better chassis,  and CNC shock towers rather than Stamped Alu https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/962739-thunder-tiger-bushmaster-8e-2.html

Edited by GorillaZilla