• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Bushes vs bearings?

Lone-wolf

Right lets open that can of worms.....and see what crawls out so to speak.

I am of the opinion for an rc crawler bushes are best, pack them with light grease hardly ever wear out, we tend to run in water and they dont rust, and we dont need that extra 0.001 mph bearings may or may not give, my rig has bearings and at some point i may well open up the axles and retro fit bushes, for the above reasons.

I would guess for a tarmac basher bearings may be better, if they are going to stay dry

thoughts please

Less rolling resistance = longer battery life, less strain on electronics, smoother, quieter, faster and runs cooler

More rolling resistance will give you the opposites of the above. 

There's a reason that in industry bearings are so widely used Vs bushings. 

• Like 2

Had the same bearings in my Scrt10 for 8 years now. Just need the occasional clean and oil. Didn't take them out for 4 years at one point and still ran smooth. Ran on all sorts of terrain in all sorts of different weather and they've been fine.

Personally I use bearings on rotational items and bushes on suspension / limited movement areas. 

As someone said, you can get some pretty good sealed bearings these days and for the cost I’d be happy to replace them if necessary every few years. 

For high speed use then bearings 100%.... 

Ive had full suspension mountain bikes with bushes and found they just wore out too quick - different game mind!!..