• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Brand new, 2 run old, Arrma Infraction, is this normal?

Shutter_Up_RC

the arrma typhon 3s blx 4x4 that I bought brand new had the same amount of play in it, so I think its normal for arrma.

Edited by No brains

1 hour ago, Shutter_Up_RC said:

Is this level of play normal? 

I'm used to having cheap Chinese cars and unsure if this is normal, sorry for the silly question 

ball end on the upper arm looks to be loose, check that it seasted properly and the screw is tight 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

It's not normal for any brand and shouldn't be considered acceptable by any consumer.

Contact the shop you bought it from and/or Arrma direct.

I sold it because there where to much things wrong with it and I do not wanted to buy a lot parts and stuf to fix the car.

1 hour ago, Kukynas said:

ball end on the upper arm looks to be loose, check that it seasted properly and the screw is tight 

Will do 

Have to say, the Infraction is one ifnrhw kodt fun rc cars I've evrf owned, me and my son pulled a crowd tonight and it wsd cold and dark, people we're mesmerised by my awful driving lol 

• Like 1

Kukynas is on the right track about the front, You can see the top ball retainer moving as well as just seeing the steering arm moving as well through the wheel, So check your front upper arm, Or wishbone if you want to call it that, As that may be moving back and forth.

Also the movement on the back is not out of spec, I have had worse on a new car, One fraction may not be as bad as the next, These are on the whole just toys, Using bearing of no better quality than we can all get off eBay(The cheaper for Arrma the better), And there is a very, Very, Very small quality gap between a good bearing with zero side movement, And one with just the very slightest of slack to give you what you see.   

• Like 1