• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

A good Stick Transmitter

TrinityUTT

So I've been swapping and changing between my stick and wheel, I know I'm likely to be in a minority here but the sticks feel much more natural to me, but it may be because I've played a lot of racing games on my xbox and that's why comes naturally.

The cheap one I have, the accelerator stick gets stuck in the up position which is not great. Plus the thumb sticks feel too long and cheap

Can anyone suggest a good one?

Or is it a case that I will just need to practice ALOT with the wheel?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Or is it a case that I will just need to practice ALOT with the wheel

Thats what i would do OP i had the same years back tookl me ages but once you get to grips with it gun types seem a lot better for control over sticks to me now better throttle control like a gamepad etc and steering feels more natural to me now on wheel upto sticks only went back to sticks a few years ago for drones where its defo needed :)

I too can't get the hang od wheel/trigger transmitter, although I have been using sticks for 50 years and keyswitches and micro-switches before that, and this old dog sure as hell ain't learning new tricks!

I have about 40 2.4ghz stick sets,   15 or 20 of them the 3 channel Code/Etronix/Tamco sets that were cheap and cheerful, but now discontinued. The remainder are "high end" 40mhz sets KO, JR, Futaba, Hitec etc. that I have converted to 2.4ghz.  The JRs, Hitec and some Futabas can be converted simply with plug in modules, the others require minimal soldering.

The 40mhz conversion route is what I would recommend - you get a  quality, solid feeling set, with all the bells and whistles you could want,  for much less than  their current 2.4ghz  versions.

• Like 1