• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AVC Alternatives

Light875

Spektrum has AVC, Traxxas has TSM. 

Lotsa chinese stuff has gyro-receivers too, like the GT5 6Ch from Turnigy. 

In general, i think every major TX manufacturer has options for a gyro receiver (or, an extra gyro offering the same functionality). I know Futaba does offer gyros too, but not sure if they have a "packaged" gyro receiver. 

edit: or do you mean what other transmitter brand supports AVC specifically? The answer there would be none. 

Edited by m4inbrain

24 minutes ago, m4inbrain said:

Spektrum has AVC, Traxxas has TSM. 

Lotsa chinese stuff has gyro-receivers too, like the GT5 6Ch from Turnigy. 

In general, i think every major TX manufacturer has options for a gyro receiver (or, an extra gyro offering the same functionality). I know Futaba does offer gyros too, but not sure if they have a "packaged" gyro receiver. 

edit: or do you mean what other transmitter brand supports AVC specifically? The answer there would be none. 

Thanks for the reply.  The first part of your answer is what I was after, appreciate that AVC is Spektrum only.

Been flirting with the idea of a Spektrum DX4 / 5 for a while, and for an initial outlay of around £100 I can get the Tx with 1 AVC Rx, but its the additional Rx cost that's putting me off.  I don't need AVC on all my cars, only 1 at the moment really so was hoping there was a lower budget alternative.

Been looking at the Flysky GT5 6CH, but can't find any info if that has any Gyro functionality.

I have a Traxxas TSM Tx, as you said I got it for just one vehicle. In my case it's a BL Baja, wanted it to tame the back end without breaking the bank. 

In hindsight I should've spent more and got something with a screen, can't stand menu trees!

10 minutes ago, Light875 said:

Thanks for the reply.  The first part of your answer is what I was after, appreciate that AVC is Spektrum only.

Been flirting with the idea of a Spektrum DX4 / 5 for a while, and for an initial outlay of around £100 I can get the Tx with 1 AVC Rx, but its the additional Rx cost that's putting me off.  I don't need AVC on all my cars, only 1 at the moment really so was hoping there was a lower budget alternative.

Been looking at the Flysky GT5 6CH, but can't find any info if that has any Gyro functionality.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-gt5-6ch-2-4ghz-afhds-2a-surface-radio-w-gt5-receiver.html

It's the same radio as the flysky, just different stickers.

Under features you can see the "GT5 Receiver with built in gyro". In action, it looks like this.

Difference shown at 1:20 between on/off.

Edited by m4inbrain