• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Cant wait for the axial 1/24.

RCbutcher

How do you think bodies like these will suit it?  Could we have it with opening doors and the torso of a lego character inside. 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F392099059952

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Had it a day,ran it for less than 2 mins,time to modify.

Wheel weights external for now.....if I think I can risk more weight on Axials baby crawler drivetrain I might debond the tyres and add some more.

Also digging through my digital 6-9g servos and horns looking for a nice replacement for the AS1,anyone done a servo upgrade yet?6ba94fd28b38939214ec280e85d85d95.jpg20ea71ffcc8857db6dbdd790a6e31084.jpg4926fad6a8f011502b901137f1a87e1c.jpged14b6a73daf75c2eb9c55a6a697da37.jpg

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

10 grams up on the servo fits nice but the lead inside the rims needs a little chamfer to clear.

Also found a small 8g Digi servo that just fits the servo tray but deeper so overhangs slightly as I can't chop the tray because it forms part of the linkage mount so I've fixed it in place with UHU Por glue as it's removable if need be.

The servo saver is quite tall and doesn't match the splines of this servo so using a standard horn keeps it all close to stock angles....we'll see how this goes.

The shocks have been treated to some Vaseline to slow them down but I get the feeling it might be worth finding some nice replacements......just waiting for the UHU to dry and I'll give it a test [emoji41]

Loving mine! We have 2 now and have been busy building courses round the garden!. Great fun.

With a few basic free mods and a bit of weighting these get a lot more capable 👍

Will try load some pics some time...

As to the servo, I found no real issue with mine. The issue is the servo saver and play in the linkages. For that you can tighten/shim the saver, and put o rings under the ball joint positions to get rid of some of the slop - makes a significant difference...

Edited by stimpy
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Been scratchin round for a nice ESC while waiting for stock parts and today I stumbled across this...a used Tekin B1r.........I couldn't resist.

It's about perfect for the scx24 25.4x23x6.5mm

2-3s lipo and NiMh

Any brushed motor no bigger than a 370.

Full hotlink programmability..forgot all about these [emoji41]91416b0ab7be18ec4009edd5929b38b0.jpg