• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New ARRMA Teaser....

Fly In My Soup

17 minutes ago, m4inbrain said:

Yeah, the same way that a Landrover is no different than a Audi TT. They both got four independent wheels, all wheel drive and an engine.

This is hair splitting, you know full well what someone means if he says "presence of a MT". Arguing that X-Maxx and Kraton are the same, or that the X-Maxx isn't any more MT than the Kraton is just nonsense. Here's a pointer: the Kraton 8s has 65mm ride height. The X-Maxx has 102mm. Yeah it's not a solid axle truck (and i used to add this precisely to prevent those types of comments), so it's not a "real monster truck". That doesn't make it less of a monster truck. 

No it's not, your analogy is quite a leap. This oversized truggy when looking at geometry is not that much different from the xmaxx.  One just allows a bit more droop.  Dunno why you all get worked up so much and defensive over toy cars.  

2 minutes ago, mond said:

No it's not, your analogy is quite a leap. This oversized truggy when looking at geometry is not that much different from the xmaxx.  One just allows a bit more droop.  Dunno why you all get worked up so much and defensive over toy cars.  

Yes why do you 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, mond said:

Who got worked up? I'm just calling you out on nonsense.

46 minutes ago, babylon said:

I was having a little eBay look around last night, And I'm not to sure if this is a bad indictment on this truck, But I got more excited about dropping a full size brushless system I have knocking around into This for 60quid, Other than another overpriced largescale. 

RM12413GR-1-a9a6-4HWc.jpg

I’ve seen these on Banggood, it’s a rebranded LC Racing EMB1, it’s a quality little buggy 👍 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mond said:

I've not filled up a thread with several dozen posts flip flopping on purchases and opinions on deliberately obfuscated photos.

Lol keep your knickers on. I love a nice pair of flip flops myself 😂😂

1 minute ago, martin34 said:

Arrma should release this like the limitless and let people stick a max5 and castle 2028 in it.

Not a bad idea. With it being 1/5th I don't think rtr noobs will be buying it so a roller might have made more sense. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mond said:

I think its all a bit misleading branding it as a 1/5. It's practically 25% smaller than the 5ive yet clearly only just larger than the Xmaxx. 

Except of course it isn't. What you meant to say is it's "wider", but also shorter and lower.

18 minutes ago, mond said:

I've not filled up a thread with several dozen posts flip flopping on purchases and opinions on deliberately obfuscated photos.

To be fair, Your being a little dis-ingenuous, Or argumentative, Not sure what word to use, But the XMaxx, TMaxx, Stampede, MTA4, Savage and the like are monster trucks, The Revo thought it was, The Outcast isn't, Or the Kraton, or the old MTA4 with it's big wheels doesn't pass, Some would say that the LST is running a fine line between is and isn't.

What I think is being said is that you could sell any of them as a Monster truck to little Johnnie down the road, But on a forum full of RC car anal-retentive geeks, Your have a hard time passing this off as a Monster Truck, Which it's not. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, m4inbrain said:

Except of course it isn't. What you meant to say is it's "wider", but also shorter and lower.

No, what I meant is what I said. Did you get out of bed the wrong side today? Its 30% lighter. It's shorter but stock but has more ground clearance although the Losi is fully adjustable. Like the Xmaxx, it is smaller in most ways, considerably in some. 1/5 is just a marketing gimmick.

Not a bad vid, I wonder when he actually recieved it. 

I'd still prefer the Mojave, I prefer SC and this Kraton isn't an MT. My preferences are; SC, MT and then Truggy. Despite its size, it's a Truggy. It'll be too good, too easy to drive. This'll make it dull, in the same way the 5ive is dull. I love my X2, but it lacks that certain something. 

• Thanks 1

Guys deep breaths it’s a toy your arguing over who really cares if it’s bigger smaller faster etc is it what you want ? If so go buy one it’s not what I wanted and by the looks not what a lot of others wanted either is it cool yes will it sell yes does it look good yes all the other bits will have to wait and see on 👍

Kev got a massive 38mph out the box and with the one off pinions gearing up might take a while to come through on the parts front. 

26 minutes ago, mond said:

No, what I meant is what I said. Did you get out of bed the wrong side today? Its 30% lighter. It's shorter but stock but has more ground clearance although the Losi is fully adjustable. Like the Xmaxx, it is smaller in most ways, considerably in some. 1/5 is just a marketing gimmick.

Of course both X-Maxx and Kraton are smaller than a 5t. What i disputed was your statement that the Kraton is larger than the X-Maxx. It isn't. Don't complain about me calling you out about stuff, trying to spin it as if i only call you out because i'm grumpy. I'm not. I just correct your false statements. Just like this one:

It's practically 25% smaller than the 5ive yet clearly only just larger than the Xmaxx

If you can't handle being corrected if you're factually wrong, it's not me being grumpy, it's you being too full of yourself.

Kev got a massive 38mph out the box

To be fair, that's the same as the X-Maxx (roughly), and slightly slower than the DBXL-E (i think that's around 42mph according to YT videos). On stock pinions all big scale stuff is slow compared to 6s 8th scale.

Edited by m4inbrain

One other thing to note is the motor it’s not a 1/5th or a 1/8th so replacing it might prove tricky like the x Maxx as the mounting points might not fit a 1/5th size can 🤷‍♂️

It has got some nice features and some I don’t like gears look nice and solid handles well from the little clips I’ve watch but has got some rear end wobble. 

Think the outcast/notorious version will be the one to get if this proves to be good though for most folks

Thats it I suppose until someone on here buys one not a lot else to say until we see more running vids and potential problems arise 🤷‍♂️