• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What if Traxxas & Arrma collaborated?

Fly In My Soup

JR4TCpV.jpg

Could you imagine these two companies finally putting aside differences.... The fan boys on either side could all take a much needed few kalms tablets too....

What would it be...?

Which parts from which models would you combine? 

Or would you hope they design something new???

Would it end up being an amazing seller...? 

Thoughts...??? 

Arrma electronics, in an Arrma Kraton. With Traxxas-level aftermarket support. And Arrma pricing.

The problem here is simply, that both companies build decent RCs anyway. The TRX4 and TRX4 Sport are great crawlers, the X-Maxx, while clearly not a flawless RC barely has any competition. I don't think Arrma and Traxxas combined would make a great addition to the hobby - there is no innovation. We'd just get more of the same, just that the tribes can't really poop on each other anymore. Both companies build bashers. Arrma objectively builds the better RCs out of the box, and Traxxas has the objectively better aftermarket support. Arrma is objectively better value for money, Traxxas undoubtedly has more "desirable" RCs (like the X-Maxx, or TRX4). 

Much more interesting would be something like Tamiya and Arrma or Tamiya and Traxxas. Maybe Losi and RC4WD. Hell, maybe even HPI and Arrma. 

if they collaborated on anything, it would be putting there prices up so each model was arrma price+ traxxas price. £1000 kraton, £1000 e revo, sounds fine to me.  

20 minutes ago, PraetoR said:

It would just make Arrma products worse :whistling:

Think I'd have to agree with this to be honest.

I think Traxxas would muddy the Arrma name, because they really are built tough, theirs non of this 'don't jump it' rubbish and although a couple of the Arrma vehicles had weak ESCs, ALOT of the Velineon systems burned out too, which people are quick to forget.

Nope, keep them separate, I like having Arrma brand vehicles as an option for bashing, if they ever did team up, I wouldn't buy one.

• Like 1