• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Arrma Kraton 6s v4

CCFR

Hi guys 

Ok so after well over 15 years I have decided to get back into my rc cars.... So much has changed its crazy... Anyway I'm looking for a nice brushless basher type.... And one that I keep looking at is the Arrma Kraton 6s v4 seems to be a great bit of kit 

Reading some stuff on here seems the controller is terrible and possibly the chassis can bend 

For that type of money what else should I be looking 

Thanks guys and bare with me don't understand all the lingo at them min but learning 

Don’t think you will go far wrong with that choice although personally I would save a bag of cash and go for a used V3 then use the money saved to upgrade servo and an extra battery.

• Like 1

I see a lot of people jumping on the arrma train, then jumping off again not long after.  Bendy chassis seems a recurrent theme, and the M2C chassis is a pricey rectification.  Poor controller isn't unusual across any brand.

Question I suppose is where do you want to run?  Short grass?  uncut grass?  dirt tracks? and what's your budget.  As you've probably seen there's not a massive amount of choice in the 1/8 truggy domain aimed at bashers.

• Like 1

Cheers guys budget wise looking around £600 max really 

Looking to run it on grass and dirt tracks that type of stuff...not looking to go out and try kill it just some fun really 

Still need to purchase batteries and charger so £600 is all I can put into the car on it own really.... I'm sure there will be alot more spent over time though 

4 hours ago, Bajadre said:

arrma do some great rcs id be looking at the outcast or notorious for a basher after seeing both bashing etc

I'd agree but the chassis bending worries me.

Id be tempted to get a V3 and modify it 

• Like 2

In my opinion dont confine yourself to any specific brand or truck :) with that budget you can really afford to be picky. Maybe go a long to a local bash and take a peek at whats running there, maybe the nice fellas will even let you try them. Thats what id do. Id also say buy a savage flux and modify it, but i am hugely biased 😁

28 minutes ago, Ninetiesbeard said:

In my opinion dont confine yourself to any specific brand or truck :) with that budget you can really afford to be picky. Maybe go a long to a local bash and take a peek at whats running there, maybe the nice fellas will even let you try them. Thats what id do. Id also say buy a savage flux and modify it, but i am hugely biased 😁

I'm off to the shop tomorrow to have a look at a few we will see what happened mate 

Still some good new v3 deals around if you look hard enough and maybe save you £50 - £100. A chassis brace is a simple enough mod (even if it’s just a piece of angle aluminium) and makes a MASSIVE difference to chassis strength. Youd have to seriously abuse it to do any damage. I can’t think of anything else out there that is significantly tougher.

16 hours ago, StuBevis said:

Enjoy! I got my v4 Kraton 6S last week and love it, only on 4S at the moment but still impressed at the speed for a big and heavy truck, can’t wait to try 6S! 

Cheers,

Stu

Had mine out for the first time last night loved it stu... These a few things I'd like to upgrade but all in good time... 

20 minutes ago, CCFR said:

Had mine out for the first time last night loved it stu... These a few things I'd like to upgrade but all in good time... 

Great to hear.  I'll be doing the same; barring the RPM front bumper I've fitted, everything else will get upgraded as and when needed, main priority for me now is to get a second battery, will give 6S a try.  Are you running 4S or 6S?

Cheers,

Stu

I was going to suggest a V4 Kraton but you've already done it..👍🏼 Great choice, what color did you get..??

Dump the radio though ASAP its pants..!!

Plenty of upgrades available for it too, I would suggest removing the red tower brace ASAP as it breaks more of the truck than it saves..!! (google it)

Check Jenny's Rc for spares because you will break stuff..😩😁

Edited by BashingBrian

9 hours ago, StuBevis said:

Great to hear.  I'll be doing the same; barring the RPM front bumper I've fitted, everything else will get upgraded as and when needed, main priority for me now is to get a second battery, will give 6S a try.  Are you running 4S or 6S?

Cheers,

Stu

Hi stu 

Got 6s in there the things a beast lots of fun though once I learnt how not to keep flipping it with to much power 

1 hour ago, BashingBrian said:

I was going to suggest a V4 Kraton but you've already done it..👍🏼 Great choice, what color did you get..??

Plenty of upgrades available for it too, I would suggest removing the red tower brace ASAP as it breaks more of the truck than it saves..!! (google it)

Yea radio is terrible even just the feel of it feels so cheap.... What would you recommend as a good replacement 

And yea got my eye on a few upgrade parts once I sort a nice radio for it mate 

1 hour ago, BashingBrian said:

I second the above, if/when you can, assuming you haven't already, swap the radio out, I did straight away.  I put in a Futaba 3PV courtesy of Guns but, I appreciate it's not a cheap radio to buy new and can't comment on cheaper options which are available.  And I also removed the tower brace until I can get aluminium chassis braces, there was an interesting snippet about it in Aussie RC Playground's unboxing video.  I'm impressed you went straight for 6S! It is a corker of a truck, I got the blue one.

Cheers, 

Stu 

1 minute ago, StuBevis said:

I second the above, if/when you can, assuming you haven't already, swap the radio out, I did straight away.  I put in a Futaba 3PV courtesy of Guns but, I appreciate it's not a cheap radio to buy new and can't comment on cheaper options which are available.  And I also removed the tower brace until I can get aluminium chassis braces, there was an interesting snippet about it in Aussie RC Playground's unboxing video.  I'm impressed you went straight for 6S! It is a corker of a truck, I got the blue one.

Cheers, 

Stu 

Cheers stu 

As for the radio not bothered about price tbh just looking for somthing that feels right and works also will be changing the servo and mount 

I went for the blue also but I much prefer the v3 body colour or ideal somthing camo lol 

I only had 6s mate that's what I bought with the kraton so had to lol 

1 hour ago, CCFR said:

Cheers stu 

As for the radio not bothered about price tbh just looking for somthing that feels right and works also will be changing the servo and mount 

I went for the blue also but I much prefer the v3 body colour or ideal somthing camo lol 

I only had 6s mate that's what I bought with the kraton so had to lol 

Futaba 4pv/tm is a great radio if you can stretch to it. It feels amazing

Edited by Guns

If the 4pv Guns recommended is out of reach then the 3pv is worth a look especially if you've got a shop that has one you can try for feel. Some have issues with the 3pv and the rake of the handle such that full braking in particular can feel a bit of a stretch for one's trigger finger unless the Tx is gripped right up the top of the handle; also some find the top of their trigger finger catching the underside of the top part of the tx when braking.  However, I've found the design very close to the HPI Tx on my firestorm which has never been a bother for me so it's not an issue with the 3pv.  But, given you'll be spending a lot of time with it, sounds like the 4pv could be a winner if affordable to you.

Cheers,

Stu