• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Baja 5b with RPM arms & IRP shocks

speedloader

Hello,

Is anyone in here running the RPM arms and Innovative RC big bore shocks on their HPI Baja?

I cant figure out why there isnt space for the big bore shocks in the front upper arm.
I have attached a picture of the arms with the standard shock and as you can see it isnt in the centre of the front upper arm.
But with the RPM arms, no caster adjustment is possible.

received_2230447517213867.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Ninetiesbeard said:

Do they not have those weird little plastic spacers on the bottom eyelet? to allow fore and aft movement? If so could they be modified?

There are small spacers in the lower front arm. But these i need one on each side of the shock mounting point so the shock is centered in the lower front arm. However the stock upper arms has small plastic spacers for caster adjustment, but the RPM upper front arms do not allow these spacers and therefore No caster adjustment.

Is there a way that you could adjust the bottom eyelet position using the spacers ? maybe they are a different size each side and you accidently stuck them in backwards? i know ive done that before with similar things

Well the stock shocks wont centre perfectly no matter what i do. There is only one spacer (not 2 as i earlier wrote) at the bottom mounting point. I have to keep the spacer at the rear of mounting point in the lower arm. Elsewise the shock will touch the lower front arm.

But i think there is space enough for the big bore shocks now. But it surely will be a tight fit.

as JA5ON said above mate, contact rob at I-rc, he will help you out if he can,

there are various spacers available from I-rc for the big bores, so you may just need different spacers,

I have big bores and rpms on my sandrail and they did take a bit of fiddling to get em to clear,

the springs are always gonna be very close or catch the screws in the top arms where the top eyelet/ball holder fastens as well, 

and you will never get em central in the arms, they just need a little trial and error and thought and you will get em to clear :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1