• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Lipo Sources and Brands

TheDriver

Where do people purchase their Lipo.

Hobbyking seem to be low on LIpo at the moment, Turnigy and Zippy.

Theres Floureons on ebay but Im not sure on the quality ?

I also see a lot of these HRB lipo on ebay but Ive no idea of the quality of those either.

Any tips....thanks

I used to always use whatever Hobbyking had in stock, Turnigy/Zippy or Floureon. However as you say Lipo's seem to be getting harder to get, so I now do this:

If im in a rush, I buy HRB's from Amazon Prime and they're usually here within 15 hours

IF Im not In a rush, I buy cheap ZOP's from BangGood, but usually end up waiting around a month, but theyre very cheap 

Overlander from modelsport only. Quick delivery and if there's an issue they've always credited the transaction ( only happened once mind!).
Lioos are not to be skimped on in my opinion. I've got 3 year old overlander 3s and they're as good now as the day they arrived [emoji106]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, DartmoorTrails said:

Overlander from modelsport only. Quick delivery and if there's an issue they've always credited the transaction ( only happened once mind!).
Lioos are not to be skimped on in my opinion. I've got 3 year old overlander 3s and they're as good now as the day they arrived emoji106.png

Overlander always seemed overpriced for the spec. I had a pair a while back and didn't rate them versus comparably priced Gens Ace or nanotechs.  Gens Ace have gone up in price though and I've had couple of misses with those too. 

Overlander always seemed overpriced for the spec. I had a pair a while back and didn't rate them versus comparably priced Gens Ace or nanotechs.  Gens Ace have gone up in price though and I've had couple of misses with those too. 

Not tried nano so can't comment but I've got 8 overlanders which have not let me down.

Latest are 2x 3s 2200 which seem as good as the larger 4000 I've had for years.

One of those things that once you've trusted a brand you'll probably stick!

Edit; they were £16 each..

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

any experience with Overlander Supersport Pro? need to source 5S 5000+mah (<140mm length) with at least 35C and the only suitable battery is either from HRB (all china based suppliers) or Overlander, there are few other suppliers I found but all based in US so same problem like with HRB, Hobbyking Turnigy are too big, possibly any other brand comes to mind? thanks a lot

On 12/07/2019 at 20:34, Kukynas said:

any experience with Overlander Supersport Pro? need to source 5S 5000+mah (<140mm length) with at least 35C and the only suitable battery is either from HRB (all china based suppliers) or Overlander, there are few other suppliers I found but all based in US so same problem like with HRB, Hobbyking Turnigy are too big, possibly any other brand comes to mind? thanks a lot

Gems Ace do a very wise selection. 

I know it is limited hence my search, I don’t wanna stress my ESC and motor with 6S even if I know it would handle it just fine + 6S won’t be any smaller so that’s why 5S, it’s for my SSTE, battery tray is limited in lenght, don’t wanna cut it to loose the overall frame and would like to get little bit of speed without loosing punch by changing gear ratio, side effect should be slightly less amps draw so longer run, some kind of compromise