• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AJ’s TLR 5ive-B 12s Brushless

.AJ.

Yea, I couldn’t calibrate mine until the throttle channel was reversed, it’s a common issue with other ESC’s too, so after a couple failed attempts I realised, if you want to borrow my programmer I’ll post it out to you to try???

My mate came good and knocked me up some bushings for the brake caliper screws

EEBA21-D8-E315-49-A4-995-A-4-AB4-DC8-A6-

Assembled compared to the stock calliper screws

F478-A4-BF-4-F61-421-E-8-F5-A-89-FD7-CAD

Installed on the Modified RC diff mount 

EFFE0633-A34-C-44-FD-AFC8-1054-FA1-B03-C

He only had aluminium in stock, but he said it was 7075, so they should wear ok, if not he could make some out of 316 Stainless Steel later. I also had to smooth the outer edge of the brake discs because they were fouling slightly, but 5mins with my belt sander and they were sorted ?  

• Like 1

Temps are great, after about 10mins hard running they were...  44C motor, 30C esc and 48C packs, plus servos were nice and cool, I’m well impressed :) 

Im uploading a vid at the mo, but it’s in 4K, so it’s taking its time ? 

Nice! How were the run times?

Servos look they they are handling the job very well with the steering! Fast and torquey servos make any car feel so much better/responsive all round, really a under-utilised part of a build for most people.

Curious to see how it handles with some knobbly tires on it as there seems to be a lack of grip and a lot of wheel spin when you boot it, saves the drive train and electronics and temps I guess, no doubt your set up can handle it though!

Run time probably just shy of 20mins.. The servos (K-Power DM-4000s) are fantastic for the money, at 7.4v they are 50kg, so I’ve got 100kg steering.

It certainly wants to light up the tyres whenever possible, the punch is set to second lowest setting, so I might turn it down to the lowest, that should help with battery temps a bit as well. The only thing I don’t like about block tyres like Hostiles are that they are so heavy, I’ve seen Uber make a Spike tyre which is belted, so I may try them sometime ?