• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Axial deadbolt 2

Aveit

Arrived today not sure if its going to be good for what I want, its ment for climbing beach banks/cliffs which a normal 4x4 would find a challange! Thing is this axial looks like a toy with hardly any innards, bought a "big e" for a neice which is a toy crawler and the thing gets over and up anything and more than the axial which isnt funny at all, the deadbolt is set up correctly and I'm astute enough to know all is well with the deadbolt just didn't expect such results, im thinking if utubing it but it will probably make somebody somewhere angry for whatever a strange reason, anyway the big e crawler is available everywhere so try it if your a skeptic, its 39 and climbs anything (wouldn't been seen in public though as its an obvious toy?) but it kinda sucks balls as the axial is mine and it looks good with a series 2 land rover shell in poo brown how they used to be when in production, the older might remember them, Jeremy Clarkson in old top gear went through the Bolivian jungle in one, there's an obvious blooper in there for the more observant, WHAT GEARING can go in for a slower crawling speed ie what size pinion and spur will fit? Ps it will get up the same cliff as the "big e toy" and it will look good doing it 

I would say it's down to driver.

An Axial crawler should run rings round quite a lot of other brands and vehicles in the right hands.

Perhaps your other one has taller tyres or something creating more ground clearance, which to be honest is one of the most valueable commodities in crawling and trailing.

Don't drive it like you do the other one, get used to it, don't expect miracles on your first run out either, they take time to learn.

Plus it's an out of the box RTR I am assuming from your comment on the colour (although it's nothing like a Range Rover?) so minor adjustments can also help such as suspension tuning to your running grounds and tyre adjustments.

Its custom that's y I mentioned t8he shell, from ground up I have built nitro for awhile with various projects models etc, I drive a car, i push a stick with a miniture model , what it shows is that an axial etc isnt any better than the kids "big e" rc crawler and its annoying, try it literally yourself before anymore comments, and if whoever is "operating" the vehicle was questionable their was loads of us with varying degrees of experience and age controlling and playing with their models as I was, its just like everthing else where the roofs the limit but the vehicle's or rather models have found their range, people pay more but the models ability doesn't climb, I personally find flying and nitro speed runs much more involving especially the mechanics of it all BUT AND PLEASE LISTEN I do like the axial and it is better in quality....... Much better but it doesn't climb any better than a scout or even a big e toy also the sport is good and vehicles look nice, Rubicon shells are about now to stop the silly prices, as for the quality alloy parts from shen zehn please......... Lol (4 people with alloy cnc experience and know-how)

Edited by Aveit
Sp

Thats just it u hit the nail on the proverbial!!!!!!!! Its an inconvenient truth that it probably would, but lets face it the ppl who played quadrupole the price plain would not have it happen, like a Mitsubishi lancer and a farrari, one costs 4-5 times more but we all know what happend to farrari at thruxton and we all know farrari burried it out of embarrassment partially and because they didn't want to admit to their customers that a hatchback aced a 201mph hypercar, thats a tad ott but gets the point across to all AGE GROUPS, anywho its a great bit of fun as I sit a good distance and watch this little land rover or axial climbing away and it does look like a little land rover which is more the point of a scale replica rather than a crawler 

YouTube it ? many instances of "giant killers" as for video of me, my neice, a toy big e crawler, an axial and a test subject lol there's many reasons y that's not happening BUT there is good videos already of the scout giving out its ability beyond most scale crawlers which IS definitive, I like axial as ive dsid many times but doubt it's ability beyond a big e or a maverick scout both which are less than half now, and im not here to make enemies out of ppl who share the same hobby, inc u so remember i like my axial but as originally posted its not 2 times the money and more better than a scout and maybe not better than a big e, by the way please don't doubt and look up this little big e and the msverick scout before the skepticism, we just don't share the same class of the same hobby is all, but agreed we both like the axial ?

15 hours ago, Aveit said:

YouTube it ? many instances of "giant killers" as for video of me, my neice, a toy big e crawler, an axial and a test subject lol there's many reasons y that's not happening BUT there is good videos already of the scout giving out its ability beyond most scale crawlers which IS definitive, I like axial as ive dsid many times but doubt it's ability beyond a big e or a maverick scout both which are less than half now, and im not here to make enemies out of ppl who share the same hobby, inc u so remember i like my axial but as originally posted its not 2 times the money and more better than a scout and maybe not better than a big e, by the way please don't doubt and look up this little big e and the msverick scout before the skepticism, we just don't share the same class of the same hobby is all, but agreed we both like the axial ?

You are aware you are comparing apples to oranges pretty much... A scale crawler like the Axial you have is not designed to crawl like a comp crawler type rig like the Scout.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Aveit said:

Actually I have owned a Scout myself and my Dad has had one for about 4 years now and he loves it.

You can't compare those two, they are in different classes completely.

There is a reason there are different classes and scales of crawlers and scale rigs, not only in the RC world but also the 1:1 world :good:

• Like 1

The scout will always crawl ‘better’ than an scx10 as it’s not a scale crawler, it’s more like a shaft driven comp crawler, 2.2’s, long travel shocks, and tvp chassis vs 1.9’s, shorter shocks, ladder frame chassis, full sized body.

I prefer scale crawlers because it forces you to pick your lines carefully to get up/over an obstacle, rather than just driving at them, much more fun, as will the majority say too...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 23/01/2019 at 09:19, Aveit said:

bought a "big e" for a neice which is a toy crawler and the thing gets over and up anything and more than the axial

Big E?!!??

Couldn't find a pic.....found a pic of this 'double E' from amazon etc etc

71VXRa0jZQL._SX425_.jpg

Take a pic with your axial, or a running vid please....I'm very interested in seeing this go over anything bigger than a 10 p coin.....

A picture og what the axial ? Quick help question not to ignore the original question but I've broke the axial control its a tx 200 tactic thing and it is automatically paired to the shifty broken control so the deadbolt can't b binded with a better remote using a bind key? Surly there's a way, its brand new help how can I bind a better controller without soldering a new esc in 

The big e is that thing up there yes and it climbs stairs its amazing little thing lol but i care more about sorting the axial than arguments over my nieces toy crawler I got her for 45 from France lol, do I think i should of got the scout in the sale instead of the deadbolt 2? YEAH 

bigQuick help question not to ignore the original question but I've broke the axial control its a tx 200 tactic thing and it is automatically paired to the shifty broken control so the deadbolt can't b binded with a better remote using a bind key? Surly there's a way, its brand new help how can I bind a better controller without soldering a new esc

the big is that thing up there yes and it climbs stairs its amazing little thing lol but i care more about sorting the axial than arguments over my nieces toy crawler I got her for 45 from France lol, do I think i should of got the scout in the sale instead of the deadbolt 2? YEAH 

Anyone help as the control is locked to the deadbolt esc, all it has is a reset button on the esc and it auto connects to the thing what is now a brocken tactic tx 200 controller, i have better controllers but can't bind, or is there a way, as for the big e toy, will get a vid when I see her next as she lives miles away, so visits are infrequent hence I spent so much on her present, don't normally spend 45 everytime someone visits if they r regular guests

Edited by Aveit
Spelling

You don't have to post the same question 3 or 4 times... The ESC is nothing to do with your binding problem, you are talking about the receiver and no, only compatible transmitters and receivers will bind to each other, so you'll have to get either a fresh Tactic transmitter to use (I'm taking it that's what's broken from your post?) or a whole new radio set, but what exactly is broken on it? It might be an easy fix, unless it's been dropped or something similar.

I'm done with the debate over the cars, they are chalk and cheese and not comparable at all, price is irrelevant, as is brand and what it does, especially if you want something that looks even remotely (pun intended!) like a 1:1 vehicle.

As long as you enjoy it, it really doesn't matter.

On a side note, if you become so unhappy with the SCX10ii you want to sell it, let me know, I am in the market.

• Like 1

Seriously I've built nitro rc12 since the 90s the scout is a better buy I always pussy foot about on these sites because of the age groups I never talk straight, the axial is a rip off regardless of silly childish talk over something as simple as logic the toy does as well f?cking live with it, try it before doubting see I have the axial and should maybe of got the scout but wouldn't be seen with the toy at my age BUT LISTEN HERE IT STILL CLIMBS BETTER TRY IT ps only someone of an immature age (16 maybe or younger) would ask me to prove something that involves taking my nieces toy from her in Barnsley 4hrs drive away to utube a video of it crawling over MY AXAIL lol grow up its a toy and its as good at crawling as an axial? WHY IS THAT OFFENSIVE TO U? maybe an under 16 might find it offensive because of lack in maturity as to them it will appear as a kick at the hobby but it isn't its fact, fact I did, I own the toys or models so live with it or try it yourself (you will probably keep the toy)

Edited by Aveit
Spelling

7 minutes ago, Aveit said:

Seriously I've built nitro rc12 since the 90s the scout is a better buy I always pussy foot about on these sites because of the age groups I never talk straight, the axial is a rip off regardless of silly childish talk over something as simple as logic the toy does as well f?cking live with it, try it before doubting see I have the axial and should maybe of got the scout but wouldn't be seen with the toy at my age BUT LISTEN HERE IT STILL CLIMBS BETTER TRY IT ps only someone of an immature age (16 maybe or younger) would ask me to prove something that involves taking my nieces toy from her in Barnsley 4hrs drive away to utube a video of it crawling over MY AXAIL lol grow up its a toy and its as good at crawling as an axial! WHY IS THAT OFFENSIVE TO U? maybe an under 16 might find it offensive because of the lack in maturity, as to them it will appear be a kick at the hobby but it isn't its fact, fact is I did, I own the toys or models so live with it or try it yourself (you will probably keep the toy)

AND LEAVE IT NOW PLEASE M8 unless u want to help with the tactic problem as the control is broken and cheap crap so would only break again if replaced

Edited by Aveit
Spelling

He did help, it's the radio or receiver. Unless you have another radio and receiver handy, your choices are find someone who does or buy a new set, like a Flysky. The Axial electrics are standard plugs, so any normal radio/receiver set will plug and play.

The Flysky GT3B or C. It's cheap but cheerful. There's no guarantee this will fix it without seeing it in person. The alternative is you take it back to the shop under standard warranty or consult the manual and see what lights the ESC is showing. It's possible it will have a light on and doing something to indicate a no signal. 

The control is fully functional but its all mangled etc it needs a better control but it won't bind another , there is a solution apparently but its just swapping the receiver /controller but I'm not wanting to change anything lol as I've got a other controls but don't want to rip out the original receiver if there's a hack to somehow bind it 

Another controller won't bind to that receiver unless it's the same protocol and the radio firm ware allows it. Different brand radios rarely work with another brands receiver.  If you already have a multi channel, multi model radio, just buy a new receiver for that and plug it in.  

@Aveit

Please refrain from swearing in your posts...this is a family friendly forum

Your content will be moderated until you can keep a civil tongue whilst posting

Whilst we do try to promote free speech, you seem to be becoming increasingly erratic with your posts and the wider audience of your posts must be taken into consideration

Thanks for your understanding

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1